darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

I bought a NITRO + RX 590 Special Edition, i'm waiting for my 650W PSU, so I have decided to test it on my friend's PC.
His specs are:
i3 6100
PSU 550W 80+ Black (Deep Cool)
Mini ITX Asus H110
8GB (2x4) DDR 4

The card worked well, the fans were not kicking at Idle.
Then we turned on the Witcher 3 on Ultra, i noticed some lag bumps (I guess it's the weak CPU bottleneck), and the temperature went as high as 68C, though we didn't play for long, it was like 10-15 mins.
Then I turned on Furmark and started the GPU Stress Test, and the temperature started rising slowly, 1 by 1C. I noticed on the MSI Afterburner that the fan speed did rise from 21 to 30 at it's best, but the temperatures were going up and up, until it had reached 73-74C, and that is when i turned on the manual mode from the Afterburner and the cooler went to like 60-70 instantly to cool down the card.
I'm worried that something might be wrong with the card itself, or is that normal?
I bought it from Canada, it was a long way to my country and it really did cost a lot, so returning it and getting it back would be insane :(

EDIT: I must note that the connector was HDMI with a VGA adapter, since it is an older monitor, and maybe the PSU is weak?

Solution
The fans wont sping while under 55'C normally
The GPU will happily go well into the 80's so thats not a problem.
The card is working perfectly as it should be.
Sapphire makes THE best AMD cards out there, you can trust their superior knowledge.

darebt123

Commendable
Jan 12, 2019
The fans wont sping while under 55'C normally
The GPU will happily go well into the 80's so thats not a problem.
The card is working perfectly as it should be.
Sapphire makes THE best AMD cards out there, you can trust their superior knowledge.
I was just wondering if something is wrong with my card, because i used to have GTX 750, and never went over 60C. So this got me worrying!