[SOLVED] Nitro+ Rx5700xt boosting to 2.8ghz record?

Nov 29, 2019
My Sapphire Nitro+ Rx5700XT saw it boost to 2.8ghz and 2.7ghz, have pictures taken on PHONE while playing rage2, is it normal?, 50c core temp 64c hotspot temp, its aircooled no liquid nitrogen and no issues ingame whatsoever it boosts to 2.4-2.2-2.5-2.9ghz during gaming and fps ROCKETS, all settings ultra, no artifacts, been playing for a couple hours now keeps boosting, KNOCK ON WOOD, NO OVERCLOCK

Fans-1700rpm 0 rpm disabled
no overclock
power limiter set to 25%

2833mhz@310watts
2756mhz@ 290watts

2200-2400mhz@240watts
wtf?

Should normally just boost to 2000mhz but WTF?

Last edited:
Solution
nah sensors are fine here have a look at the logs.

Buddy the logs are wrong, period. The logs are wrong because they are logging incorrect data.

The Sapphire Nitro + stock boost is 2010mhz, the Nitro + SE is 2035 mhz. The SE just came out its identical other than the RGB fans and the slightly higher boost clock. I literally own the SE but its not yet installed in anything.

Again, there is no chance in hell you're boosting 600+ mhz over the standard OC. None. Its literally impossible. You have multiple people who have been doing this a very long time and have a deep understanding on how this all works, and know broken sensors and false readings when we see them. Your system is giving split second incorrect...
Nov 29, 2019
Amd Overlay, Msi afterburner Overlay, they correlate and match it is running indeed at 2756mhz at 300watts, and it currently is running on rage at 2400mhz boost, it boosts and holds temps do not exceed 65c at full load it shoots to 2900mhz at random points but drops back down to 2200, usually its on 800mhz idle during gaming and drops down to 80mhz at certain points, its somehow smart?

Nov 29, 2019
all drivers are up to date, Msi Afterburner latest, and i have a phone recording of gameplay which i had my wife record during gameplay, over 15 mins and it boosts and holds the boost during certain areas

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Why are you running both Overlay and Afterburner for just this card?
There's clearly a driver conflict/error occurring here, as that gpu seriously would've incinerated itself running at 2400mhz on air cooling.

IF you had a gpu installed before the 5700XT, did you use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the old driver and then install the new one?

Nov 29, 2019
all drivers are uninstalled using DDU and installed fresh with windows its a new build, also im not using it at the same time im using it while the other is off to see if the readings are correct and they are, because both of these applications show the readings of the gpu at 2400MHZ and 2700MHZ boost?

Nov 29, 2019
there are no errors in the drivers, working perfectly fine displaying the correct speed of core and memory, I have it all logged, its also on log files, so WTF? you tell me bro

Nov 29, 2019
sensors are perfectly fine, the GPU is smart boosting it self and holding at certain points for perfomance, the 5700xt is a beast, im playing rage gpu-z is running ive seen 2388mhz:) also if the temps are low it agressively boosts it self to make up for the low temps

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
The sensor on your card is broken. The fastest 5700 XT (which is the Nitro + SE) is 2035mhz boost. The fastest overclockers are hitting 2200. If you added 500mhz to that the chip would melt down.

What you are saying is happening is physically not possible. If you were getting 2250, yeah you'd have like the best of the best chip. Your sensors are broken and not reading correctly, no other possibility.

Nov 29, 2019
The sensor on your card is broken. The fastest 5700 XT (which is the Nitro + SE) is 2035mhz boost. The fastest overclockers are hitting 2200. If you added 500mhz to that the chip would melt down.

What you are saying is happening is physically not possible. If you were getting 2250, yeah you'd have like the best of the best chip. Your sensors are broken and not reading correctly, no other possibility.

Nov 29, 2019

and nah the nitro 5700 se is not the fastest, my clocks are factory oc'c from sapphire to 2150mhz boost, 1950mhz game

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Buddy the logs are wrong, period. The logs are wrong because they are logging incorrect data.

The Sapphire Nitro + stock boost is 2010mhz, the Nitro + SE is 2035 mhz. The SE just came out its identical other than the RGB fans and the slightly higher boost clock. I literally own the SE but its not yet installed in anything.

Again, there is no chance in hell you're boosting 600+ mhz over the standard OC. None. Its literally impossible. You have multiple people who have been doing this a very long time and have a deep understanding on how this all works, and know broken sensors and false readings when we see them. Your system is giving split second incorrect readings.

You can feel free to believe whatever you like. The facts themselves are evident.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS