Nivda Volta Opinions

makelyt2

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Do you guys think that Volta will run 8k? Do you think it will be a success or piece of garbage like the Titan Xp

Solution
I don't think Nvidia is trying to screw over anyone, it's just that they offer some top tier cards at a premium but if you look at the majority of sigs/builds on here you won't see hardly anyone with a Titan whatever. Most of us have the common sense to grab the cheaper but similar performing cards. Awhile back Nvidia released the Titan/Titan Black for around 800-1000 yet EVGA (and a few other companies) released a 6gb variant of the 780 for 500 that performed fairly close so at the time I was able to get two cards for the price of one Titan Black. The performance was so close that they ended up not making the 780 6gbs anymore 3 months after release.

As for a card recommendation it comes down to your other hardware including your monitor.
Do you think that 8k monitors will be available for consumers?

Sounds like you already have your mind made up. The Titan Xp is the fastest consumer GPU available for gamers, and you call it a "piece of garbage". So I don't think anything Nvidia does will make you happy. So why bother?

makelyt2

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

Based on video evidence the titan Xp is not worth the cost. I've seen gameplay of GTA 5 where the Titan Xp was pitted against the GTX 1080 Ti and the user(DudeRandom) only gained about 5 extra frames for the cost of 500 more dollars. Unacceptable. Heck, even in that same video, the 1080 ti at one point managed to OUTPERFORM the Titan Xp. This has shown how greedy Nivda has become and it is becoming a consensus that the GTX 1080 Ti as of now is the better gaming GPU. So yes, the Titan XP is garbage.

makelyt2

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
And I never said that Nivda will do anything that won't make me happy. I'm asking if the community thinks the Volta will be as good as it sounds or will it be another scam.

The titan does more than game by the way. But I am with you, I would never buy a Titan and there is little difference between the 1080ti and the Titan. No one on these forums are going to recommend a Titan for a gaming card. But does that mean it should not exist?

I find the "greedy" company stuff hilarious. Look at the auto industry. A Mercedes cost 60k and a Honda cost 20k. What is the difference? They both do the same thing? I don't see anyone making a big deal about a 100k Ferrari. Is it worth 100k? Of course not, but if you have the money and it is what you want, then what is the problem with that?

You think Nvidia makes their money off of selling Titans? The Titan is just something to have on the show room floor silly. It is something to "oo and ah" over.

makelyt2

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

I think we found common ground. I feel the Titan Xp if anything could be used for Bitcoin mining maybe video editing but the 1080 Ti is the way to go for gaming. Nivda knows this but yet still released it knowing the 1080 Ti and Titan Xp are similar in performance. They should know better. But hey, we gotta remind ourselves that Nivda is just like any other manufacturer. Always trying to find ways to screw over customers and consumers. Of course, it should exist, but they need some sort of disclaimer about it because they know a lot of people where planning to use the card for gaming yet didn't realize that it was the same stuff. Thankfully we have benchmarks tests otherwise I would have bought one myself. BYW do you like Bebus and Butthead?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Titans have never been something to buy for gaming unless you have more money than sense, and I don't see any reason to think the Titan V would be any different.

And no, the Titan V will not do 8K. Even if it were optimized for gaming (probably not), 8K is four times the pixels as 4K, which the best cards on the market can barely do (1080 Ti/Titan Xp). The Titan V is not going to be 4 times faster at gaming than anything currently on the market.

If you really think about it, the 1080ti was a price cut for the Titan. Nvidia had no competition for the Titan at the time yet they still released the 1080ti at $699 which was a Titan with 1gb less of VRAM and a few fewer ROPS. As you said, there is not a big difference in performance in gaming. So it was a pretty big price cut. But there are some prosumer applications that the Titan can do that will best the 1080ti. Even the Titan V was released at a deep learning event. Those people are not gamers. So you cant look at the 3k price tag and say that the common man was left out because these cards are not for the common man.

Yeah, I like Bevis and Butthead. Still makes me laugh, I guess deep down I am still 13 :)

makelyt2

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

Would you recommend ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI for gaming. Games such as: GTA IV, GTA 5, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1, COD 4, WAW, MW2, MW3, BO1,BO2, BO3?

WildCard999

Titan
I don't think Nvidia is trying to screw over anyone, it's just that they offer some top tier cards at a premium but if you look at the majority of sigs/builds on here you won't see hardly anyone with a Titan whatever. Most of us have the common sense to grab the cheaper but similar performing cards. Awhile back Nvidia released the Titan/Titan Black for around 800-1000 yet EVGA (and a few other companies) released a 6gb variant of the 780 for 500 that performed fairly close so at the time I was able to get two cards for the price of one Titan Black. The performance was so close that they ended up not making the 780 6gbs anymore 3 months after release.

As for a card recommendation it comes down to your other hardware including your monitor.

Solution
I agree with WildCard999, the GPU for a system really depends on what hardware you have and what resolution you are gaming at. For example, if you are playing on a 1080p/60hz panel, the 1080ti will be about $400 too much as a 1060 will give you the exact same gaming experience. Whereas you move it up to 4k and you have a different story.

But the ROG Strix 1080ti is a very good card.