Nividia 1050 causing many BSOD errors

Sep 12, 2018
I recently made a post about my new laptop suffering from BSOD every time i loaded up a LoL match, i couldnt find the issue and tried everything possible to fix it, i even wiped the whole pc and re-installed windows and had the issue. Today i decided to disable the nvidia driver, and boom! I didnt get a buggy screen, a freeze and then BSOD, but as soon as i re enabled the nvidia driver it happened! Does anyone know any reasons for the driver causing this? or a way to fix it, thank you!

Laptop: MSI GL62M 7RDX
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050
Windows 10
Processor: I5 7300HQ
Ram: 8GB

I don't know if this will help you, but with laptops it's generally a good idea to get all your updates from the manufacturer. In your case it's MSI. The reason is that they sometimes tweak drivers and other software specifically for that laptop. It's possible to negatively affect performance by using generic drivers from Nvidia or other suppliers. Laptops are different from desktops in this way, since they are dependent on battery power in most cases.

If you can play other games, and just LoL gives you problems, this may be a game issue not a computer/1050 issue.

edit: One other idea I had is to cap your framerate to 60fps. LoL is not a demanding game and if framerate is uncapped it could skyrocket. In a laptop this would not be a good situation, since power and heat can be issues.

Sep 12, 2018

I've tried drivers from every where,nothing seems to work, only when i disable the Nvidia 1050 driver, but then whats the point of having one. I've decided I'm just going to refund it.

Thanks for the reply tho, very much appreciated