Question Nividia GX660 Graphics Card

Carlos37

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
Hello there,

I have just brought a used PC Tower and the mentioned graphics card is not working properly. I have tried the both DVI ports with no success. There is nothing wrong with the cable as it works OK with the Tower I am trying to replace. I have also tried updating the graphics driver also with no success.

Unable to upload photos, the problem is: White lines on the monitor from the BIOS screen onwards and constantly there.

I have spoken to the seller who has been very helpful and it was packaged very well, but it might got damaged in transit. I have provided photos below so you can see the problem and on the last screen it is device manager graphics card error code 43.

Please can you advise if the graphics card has been damaged and if it has I replace it etc, as the rest of the tower works ok. I just need someone to clarify the problem etc please.

Carlos37

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
Just to add the seller just has contacted me in how to use the integral graphics on the CPU, which I will try tomorrow morning which will determine the problem, but has anyone have any other ideas.

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Old card, might be dead. But it could be other things like not powerful enough PSU even know a 660 only sips on power. Make sure you are using x16 rather than mechanical.

Hello there,

I have just brought a used PC Tower and the mentioned graphics card is not working properly. I have tried the both DVI ports with no success. There is nothing wrong with the cable as it works OK with the Tower I am trying to replace. I have also tried updating the graphics driver also with no success.

Unable to upload photos, the problem is: White lines on the monitor from the BIOS screen onwards and constantly there.

I have spoken to the seller who has been very helpful and it was packaged very well, but it might got damaged in transit. I have provided photos below so you can see the problem and on the last screen it is device manager graphics card error code 43.

Please can you advise if the graphics card has been damaged and if it has I replace it etc, as the rest of the tower works ok. I just need someone to clarify the problem etc please.
To upload photos, use imgur and paste the link here.

Was the GPU shipped in the pcie slot of the motherboard? In other words, was it fully assembled when you received it?
If it was, was there any protections inside the tower to ensure that the GPU and possibly the CPU cooler will not bounce all over the place?

Shipping the tower with those two components installed is a bad idea. Pcie slot might be damaged, GPU also.

Carlos37

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
To upload photos, use imgur and paste the link here.

Was the GPU shipped in the pcie slot of the motherboard? In other words, was it fully assembled when you received it?
If it was, was there any protections inside the tower to ensure that the GPU and possibly the CPU cooler will not bounce all over the place?

Shipping the tower with those two components installed is a bad idea. Pcie slot might be damaged, GPU also.

No protection inside in shipping.

Carlos37

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
I would use the onboard GPU and sell the 660 unless you want to play CS:GO or some other really old games.

here are the PC specs:

CPU - Intel Core i3 6100 3.7GHz
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB MSI Twin Frozr III
RAM - 12GB DDR4 2133MHZ
SSD - 240GB Kingston SSD (Brand New)
HDD - 500GB 5400RPM
PSU - Corsair VS550
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H110-S2H
WiFi

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Ohhhhhhh, the card is dead. The lines are called artifacts. A new thing was found out called Bios Rot. It may be that, all you need to do is reinstall the BIOS and vBIOS if you are having the white lines in normal windows. If it keeps happening the card is dead and you can try to heatgun it.