[SOLVED] Nividia quadro 600 equivelent

codnan

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hi there.
My daughter has an old office pc with a i5 3xxx cant remember the exact model and the gpu fan has died on a quadro 600 . Also it dosnt have any spare power leads so it has to be a non powered gpu
I am looking to buy an equivelent gpu but as it's a professional gpu I am struggling to find comparisons .
I was hoping someone could tell me what modern gpu would be roughly equivelent ?
I am looking for as cheap as possible and would prefer new but might look at used cards and am in the uk.
She plays only the sims 4 and minecraft online and dosnt really care that much about graphics as long as it runs the same ish

Solution
The 1050 and that lvl card are a bit more than I was hoping to spend .
The case is a normal size desktop so should fit most .
I was wondering how the quadro 600 compared with the very low end stuff you can buy today like the 710 and low end r5 cards

I would say avoid things like the GT 710 - it's really only good as a display output.

If you want to pick up a cheap second hand card that doesn't use external power, there are quite a few options that could be had second hand.

Probably the oldest I would suggest going is to first gen GCN (Radeon 7000 series) - the HD 7750 would be a good choice, the R7 350 is also worth looking at as well as the RX 460 or later RX 550 cards.

On the Nvidia side of things, avoid anything earlier...
Hi there.
My daughter has an old office pc with a i5 3xxx cant remember the exact model and the gpu fan has died on a quadro 600 . Also it dosnt have any spare power leads so it has to be a non powered gpu
I am looking to buy an equivelent gpu but as it's a professional gpu I am struggling to find comparisons .
I was hoping someone could tell me what modern gpu would be roughly equivelent ?
I am looking for as cheap as possible and would prefer new but might look at used cards and am in the uk.
She plays only the sims 4 and minecraft online and dosnt really care that much about graphics as long as it runs the same ish

That card is really old (it's based on nVidias 'Fermi' gpu core - same as the desktop Geforce GTX 400 and 500 series). A 3rd gen i5 machine should work fine with any modern gpu (so long as it's powered by the PCIe slot) so really you just need to look for an entry level current gen card and it will be much faster - I gather from what you are saying she doesn't need a workstation type card?
If just for games than you are looking at something like a Geforce GTX 1050 or 1650, or an AMD RX 460 or 560 (just make sure it doesn't require external power as it varies between manufacturer - all these cards can be had without external power).

codnan

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I was wondering how the quadro 600 compared with the very low end stuff you can buy today like the 710 and low end r5 cards

I would say avoid things like the GT 710 - it's really only good as a display output.

If you want to pick up a cheap second hand card that doesn't use external power, there are quite a few options that could be had second hand.

Probably the oldest I would suggest going is to first gen GCN (Radeon 7000 series) - the HD 7750 would be a good choice, the R7 350 is also worth looking at as well as the RX 460 or later RX 550 cards.

On the Nvidia side of things, avoid anything earlier than the 700 series. The GT 740, 750 and 750 ti are all good options.

Looking online I found a GT 740 for £15 + £3 postage on Ebay so cards of this spec should be easy to find second hand (I would take a second hand 740 over a new 710).

Solution

Clariska

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
First: the only thing a 710 is good for is a door stopper.
Second:There's a cheaper option.It's the rx 550 or nvidia gt 1030.But out of personal experience.I would rather save up a few pennies and get at least a 1050ti/1650/Rx560 and in some countries(for instance south africa)an rx 570 which are cheaper than the 1050 ti.
Btw it also depends on resolution.IDK how an rx550 or gt 1030 will perform on those games at 1080p as i have an rx550 in a second pc here but i do not own the games.

codnan

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Thanks for all the answers.
I bought a rx550 for £55 in the end . Anything more powerful would of been a waste as she dosnt even have a particularly nice monitor and will only play those two games anyway

Reactions: cdrkf