[SOLVED] nJoy psw Hissing

JIANNY

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
My psw is hissing everytime when i open games or i transfer some data.I can reapply silicone back on the coil or something that i can fix it?

Solution
600 is a wattage. Not a model.

Is it the nJoy Legion, Freya, Titan+ or Synergy or other?

EDIT: You know what. It doesn't matter. I was going to say the Titan+ doesn't seem so bad, but it looks to be terrible quality as well. They're all garbage. Replace it.

They've actually been a bit less blatant in recent years. Way back, after getting a couple of PSUs over the 80 Plus "line" they decided to celebrate by simply assigning all their PSUs whatever 80 Plus badge they felt like. Nowadays, they mostly just say that they "meet" 80 Plus certification and don't even have the fake all-orange 80 Plus badge they used for a while.

Not that anyone should be using this PSU, of course.

JIANNY

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
May be coil whine. In any case, nJoy is infamous for selling junk PSUs to Eastern Europe with fake 80-plus certificates, so the best solution would be to upgrade the PSU rather than repairing an extremely poor quality one.
i have special tools to repair electronics,so why not?

JIANNY

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
Special tools to make a garbage PSU a quality one? I want to see that.

What kind of vacuumizing machine do you use for transformer varnish impregnation?

In all seriousness, what model nJoy PSU do you have and what are your other components (namely, graphics card)?
ok,the psw is a 600W,i5-9400f,Gtx1050Ti cerberus,mobo:Asus H310-M-A, A ssd 450Gb

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
600 is a wattage. Not a model.

Is it the nJoy Legion, Freya, Titan+ or Synergy or other?

EDIT: You know what. It doesn't matter. I was going to say the Titan+ doesn't seem so bad, but it looks to be terrible quality as well. They're all garbage. Replace it.

They've actually been a bit less blatant in recent years. Way back, after getting a couple of PSUs over the 80 Plus "line" they decided to celebrate by simply assigning all their PSUs whatever 80 Plus badge they felt like. Nowadays, they mostly just say that they "meet" 80 Plus certification and don't even have the fake all-orange 80 Plus badge they used for a while.

Not that anyone should be using this PSU, of course.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You've posted a question about a njoy psu that's making noises where there shouldn't be any.

So instead of just telling you what garbage njoy is, I'll ask you a question instead. Just how much are you willing to spend to replace the entire pc?

I ask that because it's not a question of IF the njoy will blow up and/or burst into flames, it's a matter of WHEN is that going to happen.

Murphys Law states that 'if something can go wrong, it will'. The 'wrong' not being the pc breaking while you use it, the 'wrong' being the fire hazard in the middle of the night when you left the pc on to download a game, and the fire department is on its way because the house caught fire while you slept.

No joke, that's for real happened multiple times.

Reactions: jonnyguru