Question Nmi_hardware_failure

Ricecream_

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
So last night while gaming I got this bsod. My game seemed to be a little chuggy to which I thought was strange prior to the bsod.

After waiting quite a while without the bsod restarting I shutdown manually and restarted. Stop code on my asus maximus x hero was 62 with vga white led. I thought maybe my 1080ti died? So i removed it, tried to power back up, my motherbaord lights come on but the power button does nothing, then after a couple seconds the power dies completely.

I completely dissassembled to trouble shoot. Now the psu fan button works withonly the psu plugged in. I dont have a multimeter but i do have a jumper clip.

With the motherboard hooked up, no ram, cpu or case, I turn on the psu, the normal lights on the motherbaord light up indicating power but the manual start button doesnt do anything and after 7 seconds with or without pressing start, the power fails on the motherbaord. Psu fans still spin though.

Is my motherboard fried somehow? I have no way of testing my 1080ti, 8700k or ram now as well as m.2 ssd.

Any help would be great!

Last edited: