[SOLVED] NMVe M.2 SSD Not Showing Up BIOS X570

May 15, 2020
Hi,

I just bought a new motherboard Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3, that I am using to build a new system.

I have 5 storage devices
  • 4x HDD 4TB
  • 1x WD BLUE 3D NAND M.2 SSD 250GB

I can see all 4x HDDs in the BIOS, but the M.2 SSD is not showing up. I tried to load the Windows install and it was not showing up as an installation disk as well. I completed the Windows install and started the Win Partition Manager, and the disk is not showing up there. I went to Device Manager -> Disks, and it's not showing up there either.

The same SSD works normally on another system as secondary drive. When I moved it to this new build, I did not format or remove the existing partitions. Does it make sense to move it back to the previous systems, remove partitions and try again in the new build?

I am out of ideas and not sure what to do. Any thoughts on possible reasons for this SSD not show up in BIOS? What would you try next? I hope that the slot is not faulty. Motherboard seems to post normally, but is there any log I can check to see if M.2 slot is not having something weird going on?

Thanks,

Fabio

Solution
WD BLUE 3D NAND M.2 SSD

That's a M.2 SATA SSD I believe, which is not compatible with your motherboard:

"1 x Hyper M.2 Socket, supports M Key type 2280 M.2 PCI Express module"

So you need an M.2 NVMe SSD