no 3d on new monitor

lampybc2

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Hi all;

I recently got myself a R9 290x a Asus VG248QE with Nvidia glasses, but for the life of me I cant get the screen running in 3D or 144Hz, can anyone PLEASE spread some light on whats going wrong here.

I have the screen hooked up via a HDMI cable

Thanks for your help

Solution
It's both because of the HDMI cable and the fact you have an AMD card. The 3D flat out wont work with an AMD card, and you wont be able to get to 120Hz or above with a HDMI cable, you need either Dual Link DVI or Display Port.
It's both because of the HDMI cable and the fact you have an AMD card. The 3D flat out wont work with an AMD card, and you wont be able to get to 120Hz or above with a HDMI cable, you need either Dual Link DVI or Display Port.

Solution

Because its an Nvidia monitor and glasses and you have an AMD card. You can get it to work in a gimped fashion using Tridef but its really a waste of time because its hardly compatible with any games.

lampybc2

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
ok so I have downloaded and installed Tridef 3D, whats the next step? still got no 3d unfortunately, got my monitor hooked up with DVI cable in bottom slot of video card (I read somewhere it has to be bottom slot IDK)