Question no 4pin cable to connect to motherboard.

Jan 8, 2021
Hi
I recently built my first gaming pc and I I see that my motherboard has the 8 pin CPU slot and the 4 pin cable slot (asus rog strix z490-E) But my power supply only has the basic 8-pin cable to connect to it. (Corsair CX750M) when I flip the power supply on only the motherboard lights turn on, I feel like because I don’t have the 4-pin plugged in that it’s not getting enough power or something. Although when I do the paper clip test on the 24pin everything powers up but the motherboard lights and the GPU fans

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Something else is the matter.

Check ram is fully seated. What's your ram configuration? System specs i meant list everything.

Did you connect PCIe cable (all pins) to the graphics card? Which PCIe slot are you using?

What are you using for a display and where is the display cable plugged to?

Jan 8, 2021

Check ram is fully seated. What's your ram configuration? System specs i meant list everything.

Did you connect PCIe cable (all pins) to the graphics card? Which PCIe slot are you using?

the ram is fully seated. (Corsair vengeance rgb pro) . The graphics card came with an adapter. I have one PCIe plugged into the adapter which is plugged into the graphics card and than the other PCIe into the powersupply. The display is plugged into the graphics card

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ok try reassemble memory and video card again.

How many ram sticks have you got? 2? Seat them again. If 2 sticks, place in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu. Press down until both sides clip in.

Reseat graphics card making sure it is fully in and nothing holding it up ever slightly.

What display cable are you using? Hdmi/ DP? Check it is being fully inserted into the back of the card. Turn on monitor moments after starting computer.

Jan 8, 2021
Ok try reassemble memory and video card again.

How many ram sticks have you got? 2? Seat them again. If 2 sticks, place in 2nd and 4th slot from cpu. Press down until both sides clip in.

Reseat graphics card making sure it is fully in and nothing holding it up ever slightly.

What display cable are you using? Hdmi/ DP? Check it is being fully inserted into the back of the card. Turn on monitor moments after starting computer.
Ok I did this, nothing changed. And I’m using a Display Port which is plugged in correctly