No active newtork adapters found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowsoulz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Hello,
I'm getting a "no active network adapter found" error message in the task manager. Can't run winsockfix for the same reason. I got a virus and in getting rid of it, the network adapter is gone. In device manager, it/realtech network adapter shows up and says "it's working fine." Please help

Try running winsockxpFix

Slowsoulz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
Yeah, I ran that and it didn't work. But I was able to solve my problem so I will post what I did.

These are the error messages I was getting.

1. No "active network adapter found" in the Task Manager.
2. "Cannot connect to the Internet: Check your Internet Connections and Network Connections."
3. "Unable to repair connection failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection, Can't proceed."
4. I was unable to "ping" the loopback 127.0.0.1. I got a "unable to connect IP Driver, error code 2."
5. When I checked the Device Manager and clicked "Show hidden devices", I had exclamation marks on the TCP/IP Protocol and the IPSec drivers, in the Non-Plug n Play drivers section.
6. When I clicked on the Network Connection icon and right clicked on "Properties", it was grayed out.
7. I got a "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion" error message when I tried to start the TCP\IP service.

I had tried all of the suggested fixes including "Repairs" and the "Winsock Fix" and they didn't do anything. I tried to install a "new driver" and that didn't work either. I tried to uninstall the driver, reboot, and let the system "find new hardware." Again, didn't work. I checked the Network Connections and nothing was amiss. I tried "releasing" and "renewing" IP addresses and that didn't work. Nor did the "netsh" fix. I also purchased and installed another NIC card thinking the onboard card had gone bad.

What I did to fix my problem was copy the Tcpip.sys and the Ipsec.sys files from a system that was working and pasted them in the C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers folder. The exclamation marks went away and I was immediately able to connect to the Internet.

While this might not work for everyone, it did for me. I hope this helps someone else too!!! If I remember any of the other error messages I had, I will post them again.

P.S. This all started when I tried to get rid of a "Google redirect" virus.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will help someone not spend over a week trying to fix their system.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully this will help someone not spend over a week trying to fix their system.

Nothing to be sorry about. A most excellent post. People like you help others that may have the same problem and now Google will no doubt pick up on your thread heading and send people here to see your answer when they Google the same problem. Thanks for the contribution. :)

But the heading reads: No active newtork adapters found
:??:

Status
Not open for further replies.