No administrator permission

Gaurav_38

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
It started when my pc was slowed down so a friend suggested me an app to remove malwares called malware bytes. After I had run that app and removed malware throught it it asked me to restart pc for that to take effect.
After I restarted I lost administrative permission and it gave message that you are logged in with temporary profile.
So I looked at log file of that malware app it had one malware named password stealer, I guess it deleted my admin profile or something such file from OS.
So I looked for solution and one I found I could put use to was to manually trigger windows update and after update it'll restore old profiles.

I did that, it no longer shows message of temporary profile log in. But it shows three profile in my users folder. While there should be just two one public and another admin.

Old profile data is there in old profile and new folder shows empty. My desktop wallpaper is lost and all old profile data is not shown until ibaccess it via user folder.

Also I am not able to open settings. And not able to uninstall games. Also not able to access and delete certain folders.

Solution
Hey Gaurav_38

I will try to help you as best I can without breaking forum rules as you are not allowed to help a member crack/gain access to another user/PC.
The reasoning is no one can verify that you are the PC owner.

Open RUN, hold the windows start key + R
Type control userpasswords 2
Check all the users there and if any are in the admin group, if they are try to login to that account and fix your PC.
If none are, try to select a user and click properties
Click group member ship and select "other"
Find "administrators" and select that
click apply/OK and restart your PC, see if that has worked and then you will have admin access to attempt repairs on your PC.

If this solution does not work, let me know and I will try to assist you...
Hey Gaurav_38

I will try to help you as best I can without breaking forum rules as you are not allowed to help a member crack/gain access to another user/PC.
The reasoning is no one can verify that you are the PC owner.

Open RUN, hold the windows start key + R
Type control userpasswords 2
Check all the users there and if any are in the admin group, if they are try to login to that account and fix your PC.
If none are, try to select a user and click properties
Click group member ship and select "other"
Find "administrators" and select that
click apply/OK and restart your PC, see if that has worked and then you will have admin access to attempt repairs on your PC.

If this solution does not work, let me know and I will try to assist you further.

:)

- LE

Solution

TRENDING THREADS