''No AMD graphics driver is installed...'' I tried everything!

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm not really good at English but I will try my best to explain what problems I'm experiencing at the moment. So, yesterday AMD Cataylst Control Center opened up by himself and told me there's a new version of it (amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit) and that I should update it, I clicked Download now and it downloaded normally, it installed normally, and after installation it told me I should reboot my computer which I clicked yes, after a reboot I got a message "No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly''. I tried again downloading and re-installing, then rebooting again, I got the same message, then I followed up your solution on this site on this very link (www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2284749/completely-uninstall-amd-nvidia-gpu-drivers.html) completely, I re downloaded the drivers, it was a clean re installement, then I rebooted again and I got the same message. I was really thorough and I know I didnt miss any step in the link above, I checked twice after doing that. Now whatever game I try to run, it either says it doesnt recognise any 3D Device, or the game doesnt run at all, just crashes! Please guys help me, I have this computer like year and a half, through that course of time I installed several AMD updates, and it was always fine until tomorrow! The only reason I have a computer is to play video games, so now you realise the seriousness of my problem!

EDIT: http://oi58.tinypic.com/15i6hx4.jpg <-- A picture of the warning I get. I also forgot to mention that yesterday my Windows 7 64-bit updated, and AFTER that I tried to install AMD Drivers. Maybe it has something to do with that?

E

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Thats excatly where I went, and when I right click on it, I only have ''View details'' and ''Copy details''. There is no ''unistall'' option.

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Alright, I found that KB 3004394 thingy and unistalled it, I will now try to re-install AMD drivers and Ill let you know if it went smooth.

compmatt

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
I had the exact same issue with AMD driver 14.12, after update I got the "No AMD Graphics driver installed...." message. Did full uninstall using AMD utilities and reinstalled drivers, same result. Removed graphics card from system and deleted all AMD files then tried replacing card and driver reinstall...still same message. Followed this thread and uninstalled the KB3004394 Win7 update that downloaded Dec 10, 2014. Restarted computer and reinstalled AMD drivers.....working!!!!!!

AMD is now recommending this course of action - http://www.anandtech.com/show/8782/win7-driver-issues-microsoft-amd-recommend-uninstalling-kb3004394