Question No AMD graphics driver is installed

Feb 12, 2020
Hello everyone. Yesterday i bought a Asus rx470 4g. I searched all of the internet and can't find solution.
The problem is: I can't install AMD graphics drivers..
The gpu is external and it's not connected to the monitor.
Just check the pictures and tell me your opinion what to do.
5C5N6gKVwKvY.png
5C5NRbHeBrJg.png

Feb 12, 2020
Maybe I'm missing what help you need. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-470 is the driver page, you just need to select your OS.

When you write that you can't install the drivers - what do you mean? Do you get an error?

When you write it's not connected to the monitor do you mean you're currently getting video output through an onboard card?
Yes, that's the driver page, and yes i'm currently getting video output through my main gpu which is 1050ti if that metters. I installed few different drivers and after installation i've getting this messege: no amd driver is installed or the amd driver is not functioning properly...

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
I see my confusion now that you say you've tried a few different drivers. It's showing as a Radeon RX470 because that's the last driver pack you tried. You need to identify exactly which 470 it is because there were so many partner versions of it, including those identified as "Asus". You don't know, or can;t identify from numbers on it or by matching it to images of the versions, exactly which one it is?

Feb 12, 2020
I see my confusion now that you say you've tried a few different drivers. It's showing as a Radeon RX470 because that's the last driver pack you tried. You need to identify exactly which 470 it is because there were so many partner versions of it, including those identified as "Asus". You don't know exactly which version it is?
The gpu is : Asus mining-rx470-4g. So i try with this : https://www.asus.com/me-en/Graphics-Cards/MINING-RX470-4G/HelpDesk_Download/

And..i've got the same messege..

Had this install problem on a RX 470 Platinum factory overclock edition that AMD won't let there drivers install. Give me a sec to find the link to help you. Don't know though as you say you have a mining card. Give me a few

I used this information and got our card working Driver %100 YMMV

My bad let me try to re due

Last edited:

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
@stonecarver your links are to local files so can;t be accessed.

Once he gets that sorted, if it doesn't hep then it's possible someone flashed the BIOS at some point to try and convert it to Gaming or one of the other versions - lots of people tried that. That may be some of the info from stonecarver given the names of his links.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

he said it was external gpu... what are the complete specs of your PC?

how is the gpu connected? how did you plan to use this? if you don't have Thunderbolt 3 connecting it to your pc then you can forget about using eGPUs, plus, they blow.

looks like you must have a Thunderbolt connector, in device manager select the card that isn't working and install the driver, point it at the folder that contains the AMD drivers. it has to show up in Device Manager like the other one. Without an exclamation point saying something is wrong. if re-flashing it does not work, it's defective.

Last edited by a moderator: