No APM - Latest Hotfixes

After weeks of adding and removing and registry mods it finally dawned on me
that the only other significant change to my system was the latest 3
hotfixes ( 4/14/04, my machine). Removed all 3 and automatic standby and
hibernate now work. May be just my machine but I don't think so. I'd post
the hotfix numbers but my image files don't include folder dates so I can't
isolate numbers. Simple enough to check out if you are having trouble also.
Any thoughts MS. I previously posted shutting down Workstation service also
cures problem.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Thanks for Bill,

I have this problem since April, the Win2k has been running fine for almost
2-3 years without much trouble prior to that. I remove this HotFix something
like KB829xxx (look into the uninstall program, the hotfix with the latest
access time is the one to kill. I remember reading the KB, and it was about
some Oracle file access hanging issue.
Thanks for sharing - I wasted almost 2 days trying to reinstall Win2K, now
we know the update form MS is ...
ted
"Bill_M" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> After weeks of adding and removing and registry mods it finally dawned on
me
> that the only other significant change to my system was the latest 3
> hotfixes ( 4/14/04, my machine). Removed all 3 and automatic standby and
> hibernate now work. May be just my machine but I don't think so. I'd post
> the hotfix numbers but my image files don't include folder dates so I
can't
> isolate numbers. Simple enough to check out if you are having trouble
also.
> Any thoughts MS. I previously posted shutting down Workstation service
also
> cures problem.

Your welcome Ted. I didn't think I was the only one with this problem though
given the long time from original posts was beginning to wonder.

"Ted" <NOSPAMvisisage@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for Bill,
>
> I have this problem since April, the Win2k has been running fine for
almost
> 2-3 years without much trouble prior to that. I remove this HotFix
something
> like KB829xxx (look into the uninstall program, the hotfix with the latest
> access time is the one to kill. I remember reading the KB, and it was
about
> some Oracle file access hanging issue.
> Thanks for sharing - I wasted almost 2 days trying to reinstall Win2K, now
> we know the update form MS is ...
> ted
> "Bill_M" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > After weeks of adding and removing and registry mods it finally dawned
on
> me
> > that the only other significant change to my system was the latest 3
> > hotfixes ( 4/14/04, my machine). Removed all 3 and automatic standby and
> > hibernate now work. May be just my machine but I don't think so. I'd
post
> > the hotfix numbers but my image files don't include folder dates so I
> can't
> > isolate numbers. Simple enough to check out if you are having trouble
> also.
> > Any thoughts MS. I previously posted shutting down Workstation service
> also
> > cures problem.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

> Your welcome Ted. I didn't think I was the only one with this problem
though
> given the long time from original posts was beginning to wonder.

Hi Bill,
I am pretty serious win2k users will start to complaint. You may want to
remind all of us of this problem.
BTW, is there any way that you can sent a private email to my hotmail
account just in case for future communication ?

thanks, ted