No article on project loon?

largevee

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
I was trying to send a Google project loon article link to a firend, came to Tom's for good writing, and there wasn't one. I was stuck with crap national news network tech journalism, if you can call it that.

largevee

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

Thanks guys, really helpful. home70, thank you for at least being marginally humorous about it. Glad to have such effective forum policing.

Still wondering about the absence of an article, and was hoping someone might address why that would be. I appreciate that I can come to one place and assume coverage of all relevant tech news. This ommission makes me question that assumption. Project Loon seems pretty awesome and certainly newsworthy.

Sorry for the duplicate post and upsetting you so (actually somewhat sorry). Your responses give me great faith in the active members of this forum.

TBH, the multiple posting is a well-known issue and, apart from the webmasters, everyone is aware of it.
Somehow, the webmasters choose to ignore all pleas/bug reports that abound since the "upgrade". Probably thinking if they ignore it, the problem will eventually go away.
If you think Toms hardware is awful, wait until you try to post/comment on Tom's Guide.
But hey, at least you know the spirit is alive and well on this forum.
And no, we can't tell you why a certain topic is not being addressed, since we can't post news. We can only comment on them (to whatever good that is), IF the comments section works the right way.
May I recommend Android Central for anything Google (and not only Google) related.

Anyone who sees a duplicate or any other kind of inappropriate post is always welcome to click the Report abuse link and the Mods will jump superhero-like on the problem within at least a week. :D As to the Loon project, it may just be that no Tom's posters are in the areas where these balloons are deployed so comments on their effectiveness - if any - are thin on the ground. There's a lot of info over at Google.com/loon but unerstandably, it may seem a tad partisan.

largevee

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Article's up now. Problem 'resolved'.

I realized this forum wasn't likely to create a solution, but still thought it was somewhat relevant commentary. Thank you both house70 and Saga, I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS