No Audio Across the Board After Upgrading Video Card Windows 10

Matt_174

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Hello,

I just switched my video card from a GTX 960 to a GTX 1070 and now in windows I'm getting an error where the little sound icon has a red X next to it and says that no speaker or headphones are plugged in. This error doesn't go away no matter what I do. I have my video card plugged into my sony 4k tv and it shows up inside the audio device list but has no sound bars to the right of the icon. As well if I plug in a usb headset the same thing will happen (the icon shows up in the playback device list but no sound bars next to it).

If I single click the sound icon with the red x it tries to troubleshoot the issue and tells me the audio service is not responding and that no device is plugged in. I tried going into services.msc and restared both the audio endpoint service and the audio service (both are set to start automatically) but that didn't fix the issue.

I've tried updating the realtek audio drivers, as well as making sure all the nvidia drivers were up to date (including the audio over hdmi driver) with no luck either.

I've tried setting the default device to the TV, (or if the headset is plugged in, then default the headset) but this doesn't work.
The strangest thing about this is none of the devices ever have level bars next to the icon in the playback device list.

I have no idea what's causing this issue.... Please help me

Specs:
Asus M5A97 R2.0
Nvidia GTX 1070
AMD FX-8350
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit

Hello... Use SOUND-playback app in the control panel to enable or disable multi Audio devices and outputs... in the OS.

Use the Realtek APP in Control panel to "re-task" the case front connector, OR MB rear connectors as a speaker/headphone/Mic connectors... Typically you can right click the connecter icon to change it to something/anything else.

Matt_174

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

Tried disabling other devices already. There's only 3 devices there: Sony TV, Realtek Digital Output, and Realtek Digital Output (optical). None of them allow me to disable them (I select disable but it does nothing).

The TV is selected as the default (won't even let me switch it to one of the others).

If I plug a headset in it get's switched to default but it still doesn't work.
Again it's super strange because there's no level bars next to any of the icons