[SOLVED] No audio after graphics card installation -SOLVED...kinda-

Jul 4, 2019
I recently received a new graphics card from my brother and installed it on my computer. After installation, my pc would not let me use my tv as an audio source and doesn't even give me an option to use it as a source but through troubleshooting, it recognizes that its there, just doesn't let me use it. I tried to update the audio drivers but it did say that I was up to date. I then proceeded to take out the graphics and use my internal graphics but I was stuck with the no audio issue, anything can help at this point.

motherboard -msi b450m pro-vdh plus
cpu - ryzen 5 2400g with internal vega 11 graphics
graphics card - red dragon rx 570

-UPDATE-

After quite too many hours trying different things I said screw it and took the graphics card out and well now i have audio! but it just doesn't make sense because my brother had audio when he used it... so whatever i'm just done messing with it, ill get a better one when i can afford it

Last edited:
Solution
How are you connecting to the TV? If HDMI, you would need to set the audio out to be that HDMI. Make sure you install the vidoe card drivers not the audio drivers. If you are connected through HDMI the sound card is not being used.
Dec 21, 2019
Try to download audio driver.I had the same issue.Now, go to safe mode and there go to device manager.Uninstall every audio driver and then use downloaded driver.Install it in safe mode.It should be good :)

Jul 4, 2019
How are you connecting to the TV? If HDMI, you would need to set the audio out to be that HDMI. Make sure you install the vidoe card drivers not the audio drivers. If you are connected through HDMI the sound card is not being used.
That is my issue basically it does not recognize my tv as an option and won't let me set it as a audio out, and I am updated on all of my drivers. It just refuses to let me use my tv speakers for audio.

TRENDING THREADS