No Audio after installing FireWire card

mRoy62

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I recently installed a 1394 Firewire card and after doing this my onboard audio no longer works. I have removed the Firewire card, but still no audio. Can someone please give me a few pointers as to what I should try doing? Thanks - Martin

Solution
right click on the little speaker next to you clock on the bottom right of the screen. Or alternatively look for "sound" in the control menu

mRoy62

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I have downloaded and installed the Realtek drivers and now I see that Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) is selected. I still get no sound. I've checked the speakers by plugging into my iPad and they work. Also checked that I have the speakers plugged into the correct input!

Anyone got any ideas what else I can try?

Also to double check, does your case have front port headphone jack? If so try plugging into it as well. If audio works there then that means in the settings somewhere the audio port settings got reversed and its treating the front as the main audio ports and essentially ignoring the rear motherboard ports. It's dumb but it's happened to me before.