No Audio/ Buy audio card

Big_JJ

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
My son has had his pc audio and video ran to an older LED tv. For Christmas he got a new monitor and speakers. Now the Audio does not work front or rear jacks. I have tried all the internet fixes and nothing works.
Can I purchase and audio card and bypass the problem?

thanks!

Ramlethal

Estimable
So... you dont get audio on the speakers ?
Once checked that all is plugged in Then check your default audio output devices by rightclicking on the speaker icon from windows then play some music or a video or whatever it should make sound and check the possible audio output sources on the Audio setup tab. Then setup the speakers or the Monitor.
(BTW you need an HDMI or a display port cable to get sound from the monitor)

Big_JJ

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Speakers work great on another PC. Tried every setting configuration (matching every pc we own) They sounds never comes out. Could be the port on MOBO? Just wondered if I added a new sound card could work. The TV set up worked great. He just wanted a faster response time.

Ramlethal

Estimable
So.. if its not the config thing and you already secured it was not then it could be a damaged sound port on the mobo and definitly a sound card will fix the issue.
Additionally if you have a Gaming Headset like SteelSeries Siveria V2 (For example). you can use it as a test if its the port or a config. Since they came with an integrated Sound card into the headset (just wow!) .