[SOLVED] No audio coming out [Complicated!]

DrVolts

BANNED
Feb 28, 2019
So, I'm in school, I made my dad a second account for him to use, he logs on, and he says there is no sound, when I log onto my account, there is ALSO no sound, I only hear the notifications of peripherals I plug in and disconnect. The only way I was able to fix this was to go to device manager, uninstall High definition audio device, restart windows and it'll work. Keep in mind that his account is not logged in when I log into mine when I get back from school.

THE SOUND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE IF HE NEVER LOGS INTO HIS ACCOUNT. So If Im the only one that logs on for the whole day, the sound will automatically be there just like a normal PC, but once he logs on, the sound disappears and I have to reinstall. My dad's account is a Local, and I am the Administrator. What do I do?

The only temporary fix I found to this was to either uninstall high audio definition driver, restart windows and sound is back, or I go to my dad's account and come back.

It happened today ,there was no sound , but this time my dad was signed in and he said he received audio today, so I decided to go into his account, test the sound, it worked, sign out of the account, go back to my account, and sound was back.

Solution
Most likely a restart will be required in order for the new drivers to load. In fact Realtek might have to uninstall, reboot the system and then install the newer ones and reboot again however the application should handle all of this. Its pretty simple.
Depending on your system (OEM or custom build) there is a proper audio driver. The most common would be Realtek, some have IDT and others may have a random brand. If it is an OEM PC you can get the driver from their website usually, if it is a custom built system you can get the driver from the motherboard manufacture (for example Asus, MSI etc).

If you need help finding it tell me the PC or motherboard brand and model.

DrVolts

BANNED
Feb 28, 2019
Depending on your system (OEM or custom build) there is a proper audio driver. The most common would be Realtek, some have IDT and others may have a random brand. If it is an OEM PC you can get the driver from their website usually, if it is a custom built system you can get the driver from the motherboard manufacture (for example Asus, MSI etc).

If you need help finding it tell me the PC or motherboard brand and model.
Well mine was custom built, had a friend build it for me from scratch, motherboard is Z170A PC MATE

DrVolts

BANNED
Feb 28, 2019
Yes that is correct, once it is downloaded, it should be an EXE file and follow onscreen stuff.
Pretty much click yes/next and it will install.
I already have a realtek high definition driver in my 'sound, games and video controllers' in device manager tho, wouldnt i just be installing over that

Most likely a restart will be required in order for the new drivers to load. In fact Realtek might have to uninstall, reboot the system and then install the newer ones and reboot again however the application should handle all of this. Its pretty simple.

Solution

DrVolts

BANNED
Feb 28, 2019
All this sounds really confusing and risky, I've had traumatic experiences with my pc and the installer is INSIDE the folder right?

DrVolts

BANNED
Feb 28, 2019
Is not risky at all. I have done this thousands of times on thousands of OEM and custom built PCs. Its an official driver from the manufacture of the motherboard.

And yes you would run, most likely, setup.exe.
Resetting this many times, how will I know which reset is which and when to stop?