No audio detected

Vailedcircle

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Alright, before I begin I am using the intrgrated audio on an asus z170 gaming motherboard, a 48v phantom power supply and a floureon BM-800 condenser microphone. I have the mic run through the power supply and the power supply goes into the "mic" port on the motherboard. When I open up recordig devices on the sounds page in windows 10 it detects the microphone as the normal realtek high def audio device and I have it selected as my default device and communication device. However, when I use shadow play, audacity, or even xbox live party chat on windows 10 none of these programs are picking up my voice. On thesounds panel the green bars that show the incoming volume change as I talk or dont talk, but no other program is detecting any sound. Any ideas?

Solution
I assume the microphone is selected as the default device in the Recording tab of Sound Manager whilst you've made sure that the device is seen in each application's settings window? As a followup, have you made sure you're on the latest Realtek audio drivers for your platform?

* Making sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date. Please pass on your full system's specs as well ;)

Lutfij

Titan
I assume the microphone is selected as the default device in the Recording tab of Sound Manager whilst you've made sure that the device is seen in each application's settings window? As a followup, have you made sure you're on the latest Realtek audio drivers for your platform?

* Making sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date. Please pass on your full system's specs as well ;)

Solution