Question No Audio Device Driver Installed

Mar 9, 2019
I had this problem a while back, I tried every fix and nothing worked. I reset my computer to factory settings twice and I still didn't have audio drivers. Whenever I try to manually install them it blue screens my computer. Finally, a week after giving up and deciding to just have a computer with no audio I restarted my computer (msi gs65 if that matters for anything) and my audio was back. A few weeks later (today) I restarted my computer and the audio was gone again. I don't understand what is going on, any ideas?

Hello

It could either be any incompatible Windows update or corrupt Windows Audio service. Can you please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command?

For Windows Audio service, you can type SERVICES.MSC in the Cortana search box, press Enter, locate and right-click Windows Audio from the Services snap-in, and click Restart.

You can also search for Find and fix audio playback problems in the Cortana search box and follow the on-screen instructions to let Windows' built-in troubleshooter resolve the issue.

Please report back if nothing works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Mar 9, 2019
Hello

It could either be any incompatible Windows update or corrupt Windows Audio service. Can you please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command?

For Windows Audio service, you can type SERVICES.MSC in the Cortana search box, press Enter, locate and right-click Windows Audio from the Services snap-in, and click Restart.

You can also search for Find and fix audio playback problems in the Cortana search box and follow the on-screen instructions to let Windows' built-in troubleshooter resolve the issue.

Please report back if nothing works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Thank you so much for reaching out to help! Unfortunately none of these solutions worked.

1. The scannow command found no issues or corrupt files.

2. the services.msc restart didn't change anything (noticeably at least)

3. it said that "troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem" but did say to "check audio device, there might be a problem with your audio device".

Thank you so much for helping!