Question No audio device found every reboot

Feb 10, 2023
Hi,

There's my issue. I can't get the sound to work on any of my adapter on my Windows 11 computer. Windows said on the volume icon there's no adapters. If i go to the device manager, each of my adapter is there. I'm using sound trought HDMI whit home theater system and my oculus rift. I've tried too the 3.5mm of my integrated motherboard sound card. If i go to system settings, then sound, and more sound options, i see each of my adapter. If i close that, close settings, return to setting, my adapter is suddently there. After that, i restart windows explorer, and my sound volume appear again, and the sound is back, except on my oculus rift while using oculus application, but the sound will work from the oculus on another apps.

There's what i've tryied so far:
-Do sfc /scannow. Some errors was found, fixed it, rebooted.
-Uninstalled both Nvidia and AMD driver (i having gpu of both brand on this pc) whit DDU
-Reinstalled the driver to the latest version as of today
-Check for windows update (nothing, even in the additionnal update)
-Uninstall/reinstall of the amd chipset driver and realtek audio driver
-Uninstalled a tool to improve audio from my motherboard manufacturer
-Disabled every sound improvment in the sound system option
-Run the sound troubleshooter that didn't found any issues
-Make sure that my antivirus/windows privacy settings didn't block audio by any way
-Read many forum thread found on google

If i do the workaround stated above (go to more sound options, close the window, reopen system settings and restart windows explorer), sound is back, except for oculus app. If i reboot i need to do the same workaround to get the sound work again.

I want to avoid clean windows installation if possible because i have some server roles on this computer and need to reconfigure it after, this is so much work to do.

Anyone have any idea, experienced this issue? Thank

System config:
Asus B450-F Gaming II
Ryzen 7 5700G
32GB RAM
512GB SSD NVME
Windows 11 Pro X64

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what your current BIOS version is for the motherboard? As for your OS, did the issue crop up recently after an update? if so, perhaps see if a restore prior to the update resolves the issue though most often the issue is due to the BIOS needing an update, the OS failing to communicate with the driver(either due to OS or driver corruption) or that the drivers are missing for your device and the OS is pushing along generic/basic drivers.

As for Windows 11, where did you source the installer for the OS?

Feb 10, 2023
Hi,

I just did the latest bios update from 3 February of this year and the same issue occur. I've installed it from an usb key, flashed whit rufus, from an iso grabbed directly from microsoft website. I've noticed since when i have this issue, because i don't using this pc as my main pc. Is mainly a multimedia server and a pc for using oculus rift. When i've last used my oculus, 3 or 4 month ago (i'm not playing often), the same issue occured. This time, i was able to fix it whit a simple run of the audio troubleshooter, followed by a reboot. Today i wanna play whit oculus, but i noticed this issue happened again. This time, i wasn't not able to fix it. Sadly, i didn't have system restore enabled :( wich i just enabled, but i didn't have any restore point.

Thank.