Question No Audio from Pc to TV

NoGagMaestro

Prominent
Jan 30, 2023
I put together my new pc today and have installed and updated all the drivers only to get no audio when I connect my pc to my tv. It's via hdmi cable and sound displays "Digital Audio (HDMI) Not plugged in". It seems Realtek Digital Output is the Default device.

NoGagMaestro

Prominent
Jan 30, 2023
Plug headphones at back of pc to test if it's set to Realtek. If it is then change it in audio playback devices in Windows. Type audio playback devices in taskbar search.
The option of my tv for sound output isn't coming up like it was on my old pc. I know how to change the output in sound settings. I'm trying to figure out why the option isn't available for me when my pc is connected via hdmi to my tv. I get picture but no sound options.
Update
It seems I need to install some intel driver updates as it is working now after doing so.

Last edited:

NoGagMaestro

Prominent
Jan 30, 2023
What graphics card is in it? Try reinstall graphics drivers because it might be missing audio components.
There is no gpu card, just the cpu. I figured it out though. It seems I had a few intel drivers that needed updating and after I restarted it the hdmi auto was there. Thanks for your replies.

Reactions: boju