[SOLVED] No Audio. Lots of errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complexic_1

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
Lost audio when booting up this morning. A rundown of all the fixes and errors I've collected while trying to fix the issue. All fixes are things I've looked up online.

First, The Volume icon on the bottom right had a red X. To fix that I went into the services.msc . I had to change the logon for Windows Audio to Local System Account, because it was Stopped and I couldn't get it to start or restart because "Access denied". This change fixed the Icon and I was able to access the other audio applications. HOWEVER this did not bring back the audio.

Second, I did a sfc scan and I got an error.

Hashes for file member [l:24]'Windows Media Player.lnk' do not match.

That was the only error from that. After running some troubleshooters and other stuff I got two more errors. "Sound card not detected" and "audio services not responding"

Trying to fix these I did a
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restoreHealth

This gave me -
Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

After doing a bit more research I came across a few people claiming their issues seemed to go away after Windows Updates or just with time. I tried to get my windows update, to update. but it's been stuck on 0% for a few hours. After looking into why that might be the case, I thought maybe it was my Firewall. However when trying to open my Windows Firewall I got another error.

26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683 ----> and a few other numbers
file system error (-2144926975)

I also ran a Troubleshoot for the Windows Store Apps and that produced another error
Package ID: AppsDiagnostic

Path: Unknown

Error code: 0x80070490

Source: Engine

Context: Elevated

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers. Did nothing (usually drivers are never the problem, in my experience). They all say working properly.

And when I opened up the volume mixer and tried to play a video or music. The applications section is empty. Like NOTHING. ZERO.

I am not sure what happened all of a sudden but this has been a crazy ride just trying to fix the audio. Everything else is working fine so...there's that I guess. Any help is appreciated.

Windows 10
intel core i7-4770 CPU
x64

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.