Question No Audio Output Device Installed

Mar 9, 2019
My computer audio isn't working. I have tried everything.

1) I tried running the audio troubleshooter.

2) I tried restarting.

3) I tried updating audio drivers.

4) I tried manually installing audio drivers.

5) I reset to factory settings (twice)

6) Whenever I try the "add legacy software" to download the correct driver my computer blue screens.

I don't have the driver so I can't try to update it and my computer is fully updated. I don't know what to do.... my computer is a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Did you try restoring your system to an earlier date, before the audio trouble,? If your audio is not broken it will probably restore the drivers needed. But to me it sounds like your audio device has died. Does it show up on your device manager?

Mar 9, 2019
Did you try restoring your system to an earlier date, before the audio trouble,? If your audio is not broken it will probably restore the drivers needed. But to me it sounds like your audio device has died. Does it show up on your device manager?
Yes I tried that too, so is my only solution a new card?

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Also did you go into control panel, hardware and sound, look at manage audio devices, click on that, do you see a choice for your audio device? Something like speakers and your audio device listed underneath?

You can try deleting the audio device in device manager. Afterwards, reboot your PC. The device should be detected by Windows and install some form of generic audio driver. You could also see if there any errors logs pertaining to audio in Event Viewer.

Mar 9, 2019
You can try deleting the audio device in device manager. Afterwards, reboot your PC. The device should be detected by Windows and install some form of generic audio driver. You could also see if there any errors logs pertaining to audio in Event Viewer.
I've tried that but it doesn't work for me.

Nothing in log files? Maybe disable audio in UEFI, save and exit. Boot, re-enable, save and exit. Even a reset of all UEFI settings is worth a shot. Outside of that, if it's showing in OS but no way to get audio output, possible it's malware related? Anything happen before this problem started? How far back do the OS backups go?