Question No audio output device is detected and i am not able to play any audio. HELP!!!!

nitish_7

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Product: hp omen 15-dc0045nr
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the speakers were working just fine before i reset my laptop.
ps: the laptop ins brand new (1 week)

reason for reseting the PC: some DLL files for DirectX were not found and i was not able to reinstall or repair it. I am running low on time for a very important project deadline so as desperate measure i reset my laptop. Now DirectX worked but now my audio doesnt work.

things that i have tried:

1)reseting the laptop again - no change whatsoever
2)trying to update the drivers
3)uninstalled the drivers and pressed scan for hardware changes - no change
4)uninstalled the drivers and tried to install the correct drives i got from hp driver support for my model - no luck
5)tried everything here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc/20329817/model/24514934/document...
6)tried hp PC hardware diagnostic tool
7)install latest windows updates - no improvement
8)tried driver booster: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php - it installed a driver under sound, video and game contollers but it did not solve anything
9)tried intel driver support assistant - no luck
10)system restore points - didnt work
11)sfc/ scannow - no integrity violations
12) i did do some other small things with luck whatsover
13)rinse and repeat all the above steps for the past 22hrs

i have some really important deadlines to make( project related to audio processing) and have my final exams in a couple of days. please can anyone save me please

D

Deleted member 14196

HP has a support page with all the drivers on it go get the sound drivers and install those from their website for your specific model. Since that didn’t work you’re going to need a clean install of windows so you’re going to have to back up all your data and re-format the drive and install windows fresh

nitish_7

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
HP has a support page with all the drivers on it go get the sound drivers and install those from their website for your specific model. Since that didn’t work you’re going to need a clean install of windows so you’re going to have to back up all your data and re-format the drive and install windows fresh
tnks for the suggestion i will try it

TRENDING THREADS