Question No Audio Output Device Is Installed - "New PC"

Tomer Vaknin

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
MoBo: GA AB350M-DS3H (Realtek ALC887 )
BIOS Vers.: f50a (latest)
(Ryzen 2600x, 16GB, GT730, S40G 256GB)
Win 10 1909 x64bit

Just installed everything together (not all parts are new)
"No Audio Output Device Is Installed" after installing updates and drivers.
Only "Nvidia" drivers found in Device Manager under "Sound". HD Audio device found twice under "System".

Things I tried:
  1. Update driver through offical website (gigabyte)
  2. Update devicethrough Device Manager
  3. Remove device through Device Manager
  4. Add legacy hardware through Device Manager - got a BSOD error RTKVHD64.sys
  5. Remove newest driver and installed an older one
  6. Tried to add legacy hardware again, same BSOD
  7. Restored BIOS to default
  8. Disabled driver signature enforcment through "Safe Mode"
  9. Format and fresh install of Win 10 (Checked this installtion on another PC - works just fine (with audo of course))
  10. Tried everything again. BSOD still shows up when trying to add legacy hardware
  11. MoBo seems to be fine, nothing broken around th Realtek chip etc..
  12. F.Panel doesn't work either, tried to unplug it but it didn't changed anything.
Any help will be great :)

Last edited:

Tomer Vaknin

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
check for onboard audio device setting in BIOS if there are any - make sure audio device is enabled in the BIOS.

boot up windows, uninstall and reinstall audio drivers. Run the windows troubleshooter this might fix it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGSR7qvbBjE

last resort: reset and update the BIOS, put the RAM settings back in for XMP etc. try above again.
Already did

Last edited:

Diddly

Distinguished
have you tried booting from a linux Live DVD or usb stick? see if that detects the audio device. I would suggest you replace the motherboard as last resort. You should get a PCIe sound card rather than usb - if you have room inside

Tomer Vaknin

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
have you tried booting from a linux Live DVD or usb stick? see if that detects the audio device. I would suggest you replace the motherboard as last resort. You should get a PCIe sound card rather than usb - if you have room inside
did now. thanks for the idea. still doesn't work, so I guess it's an hardware issue..
already tried reflashing the bios to different versions, so I can't find any other explanation.

thanks!

Last edited: