No Audio Output device is installed

nowayray

Reputable
Jun 30, 2014
Hi, I've had a HP pavilion dv6500 for many years now and one day when it booted up and I logged in I noticed there was no soud, the windows taskbar sound icon had a red X and it read the title of my post. Now I didn't do any hardware changes nor windows update or something similar, just normal daily use of my laptop.
However once it booted up after that there was sound as normal as always for a few minutes, then I heared some kind of a hiss in the speakers and it dissapeared gain. In the device manager there are no audio devices at all, so I can't do the disable/enable thing. By the looks of it its a hardware thing but I don't know what it could be. Sometimes it works for a few minutes only right after i log on to win 7. The audio device is I believe the standard realtek integrated audio. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Solution
Try this
Start > Run > type cmd
in Command Prompt type
net stop audiosrv
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder
net start audiosrv
net start AudioEndpointBuilder

Joe O

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/no-sound-error-1068-dependency-service-failed-to/be5cc914-54b1-4aaf-83a4-43e8b5d31c65

Method 2:

no-sound-error-1068-dependency-service-failed-to

Check the services manually.

I suggest that you check if the dependency services are started and check if you have the same issue.

a. Click Start, type Services.msc in the Start Search box.

b. Scroll down the list of services, right-click Windows Audio and select Start.

c. Select Properties for Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to Automatic.

If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error ‘Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their Startup Type is set to Automatic’

a. Plug and Play

b. Multimedia Class Scheduler

c. Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

raw900

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

raw900

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
When i tried 1 st line at dos prompt got message "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied".
Tried all downloads. When right click on Speaker icon and look in Playback Devices or Recording devices, it says "No audio devices are installed" so cant click on properties. Help