[SOLVED] No audio output on new interface

INeedUpgradeInfo

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
I recently set up my new audio interface, a Behringer UM2, but it will not output any sound. For my microphone, I am using a Blue Ember (requires phantom power) and for playback, I am using a Logitech G430 Headset with a 3.5mm to 1/4 adapter to fit the interface. When I use direct monitor, I can hear that both my input and output are working. However, I am not able to hear any audio on my desktop. In fact, there isn't even playback levels indicator next to the output (Photo). On my taskbar, the sound icon reads "No Audio Output Device is installed" When I very first plugged my interface in, I saw the output levels. When I tried to play a video, I could see that there was a signal through the levels indicator. I still couldn't hear any audio though. So, I installed asio4all and ran some windows troubleshooting which required me to restart my PC. After restarting, I could no longer see the playback levels. I have tried different USB ports, disabling other audio drivers, and reinstalling asio4all. The only thing I could think is that there is some driver conflict, but I regardless I have no idea what to do.

Solution
I knew I was going to fix it literally 5 minutes after posting. Hours of troubleshooting gets me nowhere but after a long post, it's an easy fix. Since the drivers originally installed on the first USB slot I had it in, when I switched to another it obviously wouldn't work. Don't be me.

INeedUpgradeInfo

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
I knew I was going to fix it literally 5 minutes after posting. Hours of troubleshooting gets me nowhere but after a long post, it's an easy fix. Since the drivers originally installed on the first USB slot I had it in, when I switched to another it obviously wouldn't work. Don't be me.

Solution