No Audio Will External sound card Help

jparise15

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Hello,
I have a custom built computer and it periodically will have no audio. It is not because of the nvidia drivers becuase I have tried enabling and disabling their audio and it doesn't change a thing. I have only once gotten audio out of my computer with usb headset. If I buy an external usb audio card should I get audio? What about wireless headset? Also all I have are realteck built in chip or whatever the stock is with all computers. Any advice

Mamborambo

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Check sound drivers and update. If you get sound from USB, you should be able to fix it (unless its the input). Troubleshoot and check with different sound devices before you buy anything.

jparise15

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

I have done all of the above so many times. I have installed drivers from the realtek website and from my motherboards website. I installed speaker and head phone drivers and nothing would work. would installing a sound card work?

Mamborambo

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Well, that depends on what is broken. Do you know if its the motherboard or the case? I cant guarantee it, but a soundcard should work. Think about upgrading the motherboard instead though, because sound cards are pretty useless, and often expensive.

jparise15

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
Nothing worked contacted motherboard, sound, and component brand support. Had to buy a new motherboard. When my (non-working) mb plugged into different computer it worked. I just assume it is a GPU compatibility issue.