No Audio Windows 8

balouch23

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
yesterday my psu burnt out so i bought a new one, and a new led too, i came back set the whole thing up, now i start my pc when windows 8 boots up, i hear noise from my headphones, and it continoes i am still listening to it, no other audio what so ever just the noise i tried everything install new driver old versions but nothing, front panel back panel still nothing

Astralv

Distinguished
There is no trick to audio. It is either is or is not. Check your priority device- does it show right sound output? When you testing Left Right speaker- do you have sound? How do you connect headphones to the back panel? Did you connect the front ports on the case to the motherboard?

balouch23

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

But there is just some noise, I played movies, songs and videos nothing but the same noise (wind like) or sometimes whistle. I checked my priority device it shows realtek digital output, i tried every one of them, Digital, Speakers, Headphones. Nothing from both of the speakers, just the noise. Yes i connect front ports to the motherboards when i connect headphones it even shows front panel plugged in.

I have a intel dh67cl windows 8.1 64 bit, if that helps. personally i think psu burnt the sound with it...

Astralv

Distinguished
Well- here is your answer. You should NOT have it set to the digital output. It should say, "Speakers". Do you have speakers connected to the right ports? Do you have 2.0 system? If you do, connect it per your manual. Click on Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound. Make sure the green checkmark is near Speakers. If it is not, then highlight it and then press "Set as Default".

balouch23

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

Like this right? http://i.imgur.com/xRR2sVa.png

I just did that, and I also noticed something else when i set that to speakers played a song, my cpu started to make noises even before my headphones/speakers did.

balouch23

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

No i do not have any sound sound. still just noises now that i have selected speakers as default i hear even more noises than before.

Astralv

Distinguished
Noises are made by your speakers themselves. Now look in to your sound source. Go back to the Sound section (in Control Panel). Select Sound tab. You will see lots of sound choices. Select any choice and press "Test". Do you hear any sound? No go to 1st tab "Playback". Doubleclick on your "Speakers". It will open new window. Click on "Levels" Make sure your level is up and not muted. Click last tab "Advanced". Set to 24 Bit 48 Hz. Press "Test". Do you hear sound? If not- you have a problem.

balouch23

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

I did all those things, but still nothing.

Astralv

Distinguished
You can try to connect it to TV via HDMI and set output to HDMI and see if it works. Just keep trying. Also where advance options are- one of those tabs has Properties/Drivers. See if it says anything like "This device works properly" Select driver and uninstall. Then install it again.

millionknives

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

I'm sad there's no answer to this because I'm having the exact same problem (some whistle coming from my audio devices and no other sound), though in my case, it's an entirely new computerI just built. At first I was thinking it was some hardware problem but maybe not?

I'm curious, what's your motherboard/sound card and psu?

TRENDING THREADS