[SOLVED] no audio!!!

May 10, 2019
hi out of the blue my audio stopped working i tried installing new drivers but it didnt help when i go to "sounds"in the right corner i can see my audio devices my monitor is active but the bar that indicates if there is audio playing doesnt move since i cant hear anything what do i need to do now? i tried soooo much but no video or forum helped so now i tried to ask for help instead of searching all over the place. i hope someone knows what to do now otherwise im screwed (all the divices have the same problem i tried to use my mother board outputs and made them the main audio output but it still doesnt give me audio even my speakers dont work) the green bar that indicates the audio doesnt rise as usual i justs stays flat so i plugged my headphones in but it just doesnt give me audio :(

Reactions: lada_
Solution
Computer make, model and components. I had a similar problem that was temporarily solved with a Windows 10 reset, but it was not until I did a clean install that all the audio functions returned. You should also try the audio troubleshooter, but it didn't help my audio issues.
May 10, 2019
Computer make, model and components. I had a similar problem that was temporarily solved with a Windows 10 reset, but it was not until I did a clean install that all the audio functions returned. You should also try the audio troubleshooter, but it didn't help my audio issues.
i cant reset my pc already tried but i keep getting the messege that my pc was unable to reset so i bought a new hdd to download windows 10 on

lada_

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
@onespeedbiker ...are you meaning a clean install of the driver? or a computer restore?
I have an XPS8930 (64) i7-8700 with Nvidia 1060 GTX 6GB....
and I have been losing audio with every Nividia update :(
Now my audio troubleshooter thinks my cables are not connected...
I have checked them repeatedly at all sites...
I have replaced my HDMI cable with a new one...
My display is using mDP.
I have perused the troubleshooting pages on Nvidia and everywhere a search has peeps complaining about the same issue. (There seems to be a LOT of people with this or similar issue). This cable connection would seem to be obvious, except all was working prior to the update. I put off this recent update btw, because I did not have time to go through this audio issue again. I still do not have the time, but no audio is not a happy work environment.
I wonder if a restore would reset the recognition of the cables?
Disconnected cables should not be an issue...and yes, I have seen some others having this happen too.
ANY redirection would be so appreciated.
(I am wondering if switching to AMD would be appropriate about now...)
Yours in desperation,
lada_

i cant reset my pc already tried but i keep getting the message that my pc was unable to reset so i bought a new hdd to download windows 10 on
I was responding to the above post. When I was having Audio issues a rest helped, but caused other issues so I did a clean install and it pretty much fixed every issue I was experiencing. Lets start with the specs on your system. Motherboard, GPU, PSU, speakers, etc. Are you using the NVIDIA audio, or are the NVIDIA updates causing you to loose audio with other applications? If you are experiencing audio problems associated with NVIDIA sound drives than a clean install of those drivers is the best place to start. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/. Are you speakers independent of your monitor? Is so how are the connected, wired or Bluetooth? A reset could solve some problems, but at some point you will likely need a clean install. and with the new Windows 10 rev available now would be a good time.

lada_

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
I was responding to the above post. When I was having Audio issues a rest helped, but caused other issues so I did a clean install and it pretty much fixed every issue I was experiencing. Lets start with the specs on your system. Motherboard, GPU, PSU, speakers, etc. Are you using the NVIDIA audio, or are the NVIDIA updates causing you to loose audio with other applications? If you are experiencing audio problems associated with NVIDIA sound drives than a clean install of those drivers is the best place to start. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/. Are you speakers independent of your monitor? Is so how are the connected, wired or Bluetooth? A reset could solve some problems, but at some point you will likely need a clean install. and with the new Windows 10 rev available now would be a good time.
Thanks @onespeedbiker I solved my issue. Microsoft sent me a huge list of things to try. Eventually, I got it working again.
(Now I am just reticent to update Nvidia again!! :LOL:).
All the Best to you and yours