Question no audio

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
i have windows 8.1 pro and my motherboard is a GA-78LMT-S2P it shows i have sound and drivers are working but i dont hear anything can somebody help me figure out something

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Make sure the speakers / headphones you try with are working on another system (eg laptop, phone).
Download and burn some Linux LiveCD, and see whether your audio works from within Linux. That way you'll whether you have hardware or software problem.
wont that delete my windows 8 if i install linux

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I know I'm going back to basics here, what speakers do you have and what audio drivers have you installed? How were they installed?

Have you got your sound device settings set to use the speakers?
What GPU are you using? Sometimes GPU driver updates can disable the onboard sound for the HDMI audio.

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
I know I'm going back to basics here, what speakers do you have and what audio drivers have you installed? How were they installed?

Have you got your sound device settings set to use the speakers?
What GPU are you using? Sometimes GPU driver updates can disable the onboard sound for the HDMI audio.
yes i have the sound setting to use speakers

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
And disabled any GPU audio drivers temporarily?
How are the speakers connected to your PC?
What drivers did you install and how did you install them?
Have you never had sound or is this a recent problem?
n i didnt disable anything everything is enabled
i have realtek high definition driver
and no it recent i had audio before

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
im using a bluetooth speaker with and aux pluggin
the speaker is plugged in the back of the computer the rear panel green
it shows there is audio because when i click on the speaker it shows the speaker bar is moving ex: green meter bouncing up and down so i dont think its a hardware problem because it wont show anything is connected to it if there was anything wrong with the jack and when i unplug the speaker from my speaker i get a feedback noise when i take the cord out so im thinking its a driver or something else

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Do you recall what changed when the audio went?
What about the rest of the questions i asked?
If it is connected via aux for example, have you tried replugging in the aux, or replacing it entirely?
i dont think its a faulty cable because it shows the speaker is plugged in and when i click on the speaker it shows that its playing audio but nothing is coming out of the speaker i built the computer and when i finished building it there was audio then i audio back in i believe 4 months ago just just occured when i re hooked up my computer and i noticed there was no sound i tried installing winows 10 and that didn't work and on top of that my motherboard wasnt compatible with windows windows 10 so i went back down to windows 8 and still nothing

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i dont think its a faulty cable because it shows the speaker is plugged in and when i click on the speaker it shows that its playing audio
Again, this can still happen with a faulty cable. The PC can perfectly believe that there is a speaker in place, however you only need one small break in the wiring 3/4 down the aux cable for it to stop transmitting sound.

It could certainly be something else, but it's just eliminating the possibilities, and a broken aux cable is a very common one, so if you have a spare, it's just worth trying.

when i re hooked up my computer and i noticed there was no sound
But it was working perfectly fine yesterday? Was anything new installed? Updates? Drivers etc?

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
i dont think its a faulty cable because it shows the speaker is plugged in and when i click on the speaker it shows that its playing audio but nothing is coming out of the speaker i built the computer and when i finished building it there was audio then i audio back in i believe 4 months ago just just occured when i re hooked up my computer and i noticed there was no sound i tried installing winows 10 and that didn't work and on top of that my motherboard wasnt compatible with windows windows 10 so i went back down to windows 8 and still nothing
i have a AMD athlon(tm) II x3 445 Processor

Jose_04

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
Again, this can still happen with a faulty cable. The PC can perfectly believe that there is a speaker in place, however you only need one small break in the wiring 3/4 down the aux cable for it to stop transmitting sound.

It could certainly be something else, but it's just eliminating the possibilities, and a broken aux cable is a very common one, so if you have a spare, it's just worth trying.

But it was working perfectly fine yesterday? Was anything new installed? Updates? Drivers etc?
no it hasnt worked at all since i hooked it back up

Aug 7, 2019
Hi
Can you please try what was sugested.
Try with another equipment. Try unninstall in device manager and go from there.
Sorry but I need to ask. Have you rebooted the computer?