[SOLVED] No Audio

Feb 27, 2021
Good Day,
I was wondering if I can seek assistance, clarity, and hopefully, a solution for my audio concern.

I've been trying to make my headsets and headphones work using the Front or Back Panel of my PC, but still I have no luck.

Here are the specs of my PC
Motherboard: Asus A320M-K which uses Realtek ALC 887
Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G with Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics
Display: Asus VA24EHE
Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.1466
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

What's weird and confusing are these findings
  • Realtek High Definition is not found in Device Manager
  • Realtek HD Audio Manager is not in Control Panel nor System Tray
  • Sound Settings is only detecting AMD High Definition Audio unless I plug in a USB audio device
  • Sound, Video, and Game Controller is only showing AMD High Definition Audio in Device Manager
  • It says Cannot connect to RPC Service when opening Realtek Audio Console
  • Both Front and Back audio panels can't detect audio devices
  • USB Audio devices can be detected
  • Whenever I install Realtek either coming from the Asus official page or from the Realtek website, it seems to be successful, but it is not showing
  • Realtek folder directory in Program Files is empty
Here are some of the troubleshooting steps that I have tried in the past
  • Reinstall Windows 10
  • Updated Windows 10 OS
  • Uninstall and completely remove and Reinstall Realtek coming from ASUS site
  • Uninstall and completely remove Reinstall Realtek coming from Realtek
  • Disabling AMD High Definition Device both in Device Manager and in Sound Settings
  • Using Windows troubleshooter
  • A Microsoft Tech Support Rep tried to remote my PC, installed windows update via Windows 10 installation media
If this is a hardware issue, how come both Front and Back Audio Panel are not working
If this is compatibility issue, I can't figure out which is which

Solution
See here and follow instructions. Scroll down a little till you get to section "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB"

Realtek hd manager is no more, replaced with audio console which you get from ms store. Between Windows and Realtek is a mess, follow instructions exactly and you should get your audio working.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
See here and follow instructions. Scroll down a little till you get to section "Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME RTK MB"

Realtek hd manager is no more, replaced with audio console which you get from ms store. Between Windows and Realtek is a mess, follow instructions exactly and you should get your audio working.

Solution
Feb 27, 2021

Hi!
Thanks for droping by and giving these instructions. Let me try doing this over the weekend.
Will update you with the results

UPDATE 1/22/2022
I tried the steps but it won't let me install Realtek Audio Control via install.cmd nor via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
when I tried installing via the link, MS Store is giving me error Code: 0x803FB005

Last edited: