No Auxiliary Speakers/Headphones Work. But Work on Everything Else.

Aug 6, 2018
I recently acquired an older PC. I updated it to windows 10 from 7. I only recently wanted to use the sound and tries plugging my earphones in, they didn't work. I have a set of speakers and plugged them in, they didn't work.
I've updated all the sound drivers, checked the ports, I even checked the HD Audio cord inside my PC. I have searched and searched, still nothing works.

Any Solutions
Thanks,
Jordan

Aug 6, 2018

I'm not too sure what you mean. I have the normal audio drivers for windows 10 (High Definition Audio) but I do have an AMD High Def. Audio driver which windows keeps installing, I've uninstalled it and tried but still no luck.

I don't know too much about how the computer was built, (I'd predict it's prebuilt). But I can give you specs...
Motherboard - Asrock 880gmhle usb 3
Ram - 2gb ddr3 (did have 4 but one stick was broken)
Cpu - AMD Athlon ii 3.4ghz model
Gpu - 1gb VRAM Amd Radeon HD 7700 series (looking to upgrade)
1tb storage

That ASRock motherboard doesn't support Windows 10 (ie ASRock have not released any Windows 10 drivers for it). Latest drivers they released for that board was for Windows 7.

That's why you're having problems of hardware not working - - no compatible drivers available.

You should have checked to see what drivers were available for that board before upgrading the OS:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/880GMH-LEUSB3/index.asp#Download

You need to put Windows 7 back on that PC, then download drivers from the link above.

Aug 6, 2018

So if I want to run windows 10 I need a new motherboard?? And thank you.

Even so, many minor drivers work on windows 10 even if they were made for windows 7, Audio is one of those drivers.Another options would be a USB soundcard, it is cheap and very usefull. When you plug in the headphones or speaker does the driver detect that a audio device was conected? If not the soundcard might be mailfunctioning.

Aug 6, 2018

I will try the driver for win 7, and no the current driver does not detect that anything is plugged in. I will update you after trying the win 7 driver.

Updated: Still no luck and when i troubleshoot, it says that my audio endpoint isnt running but ive checked and it is running, ive even restarted it.

I really dont want to go back to win 7, guess ill be getting a usb adaptor

TRENDING THREADS