Question No Battery Detected

Aug 26, 2020
Hi, I have an old Toshiba Satellite Pro C850, that I am trying to revive, after 3 years of inaction.......obviously the battery is dead, it says "no battery is detected" but here's the thing, if I put the battery from my other Toshiba, which is 100% charged, into the old one it still says the same.......the old one works using the power chord......have updated the drivers, updated the BIOS, upgraded to the latest version of W 10......anyone know WHY it won't recognise the batteries ?........as far as I know it was working fine before it went into store.......

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for that, a very informative video........someone suggested removing the CMOS battery, for a few minutes, pressing and holding the power button for a few minutes, then re-installing it, which I did......after re-setting the time and date in the BIOS menu there was no difference.....it still says " no battery detected".......

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for that, I have swapped the CMOS battery for the one out of the identical laptop, which I know to be in good condition, but it makes no difference.... I will check the old one with a multi-meter.......I expected the main battery to be completely drained, but thought that it would indicate this, rather than not detecting it at all......