Question No beep, no light no display

Mar 20, 2020
First off, I was changing my case fan last night while I was tired- made a mistake and un-plugged my case connections (PWR SWTCH, HDD LED P LED etc) I plugged them back in using my mobos diagram but now I get no display, I have tried 3 monitors, different HDMI cables, Different rams (and changing slots) Resetting CMOS jumper. I have also swapped power supplies and still nothing. Im very confused!

Mar 20, 2020
Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox lite 5
CPU; A10-AMD 7870k
GFX: AMD R7 graphics ^ Integrated chip
PSU:SilverStone SST-ST45SF 450w but have tried with FSP FS300-60THA
RAM: Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1333
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI

Mar 20, 2020
ok so ive done a full rundown.
ive now tried:
A gpu (hdmi and VGA)
another power supply
Two more ram sticks
2 other monitors
Ive changed the CMOS battery and reset cmos by jumper
My cpu is not getting hot even after pc
4 pin connector is in the slot
my cpu is lined up correctly amd has no bent pins
Ive tried without being in the case.
I have no static discharge
Still no beep, no light, no display

When you reset the CMOS jumper was your power cable still plugged in / not switched off? That can cause some serious issues. When you reset CMOS it uses the CMOS battery to reset it and if the PSU is still plugged (standby power) in it can cause some issues with hardware.

I did literally the same thing minus the disconnected front I/O. I was cleaning my case with dusters and installing a new fan. It was uneventful until I tried to turn my PC back on and it was stuck in a boot loop. It ended up being my motherboard shorting a stick of my RAM. I had to replace the motherboard and that stick of RAM. I have no idea how that happened to this day.

Do you have another computer to test your RAM in? Did you check and recheck whether or not you plugged in your front I/O correctly? If you put one of the 2 pin connectors in upsidedown it could be shorting the motherboard. Beyond this, I need either more time to think or more information about what happened to continue helping. I hope someone more knowledgeable can help you.

On a side note if nothing comes of this thread under displays I would repost your issue under the Systems tab in the forums because that is really where you should have posted in the first place.

TRENDING THREADS