[SOLVED] No beep, No Picture on Display

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
I bought a used iBuyPower tower from a friend. It has been sitting around my room for a couple of months waiting for me to get a chance to rearrange the room to make space. I'm a broke college student and I dont have a monitor with displayport. I plugged in all my monitors into the single hdmi port on the GPU. I can't get an image. I tried over and over with different screens and TVs. I even unplugged the gpu and plugged a dvi cable into the motherboard. Nothing. All the lights turn on and the fans on the case and cpu spin. I have no idea what to do.

Solution
Okay I appreciate it. Would you say the motherboard is the problem? It doesn't give any picture through DVI or VGA or HDMI? It doesn't beep. It doesn't light up any LEDs other than the power standby.
Do you have an other Power Supply Unit to test and see if it couldn't be the current Power supply issue....maybe borrow a friends Power Supply and see if it Works.
My other Suggestion is=you say you have 4x 8GB RAM sticks...remove all RAM sticks out of your RAM slots and Insert only One RAM stick in a RAM slot.
Check and see if your System will boot only with one RAM stick...If it still doesn't boot or power up remove the current one RAM stick and insert an other stick and do the same process.
If all that hasn't worked...

Bassplate

Reputable
I bought a used iBuyPower tower from a friend. It has been sitting around my room for a couple of months waiting for me to get a chance to rearrange the room to make space. I'm a broke college student and I dont have a monitor with displayport. I plugged in all my monitors into the single hdmi port on the GPU. I can't get an image. I tried over and over with different screens and TVs. I even unplugged the gpu and plugged a dvi cable into the motherboard. Nothing. All the lights turn on and the fans on the case and cpu spin. I have no idea what to do.
Do you hear any BIOS Buzz beeping noise when you Power on your PC?
Can you list us all your PC specs :benetton:

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
I bought a used iBuyPower tower from a friend. It sat around for almost two months here before I got a chance to move things around and try to set it up. When I plugged it in and hit the power all the lights and fans would spin, but I couldn't get picture on any of the displays. It only has 1 HDMI port, the other 3 on the GPU are displayport, but I don't have a modern displayport monitor. I tried 3 different monitors and a tv. I unplugged the graphics card and all but 1 ram stick. I cleared the CMOS. I don't get a beep code because the case doesn't have a speaker. I have no idea what to do.

The parts from what I can tell are

asus h170 pro gaming
MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8GB
4 8GB sticks of PNY Anarchy RAM

I can't really determine what the processor is.

I'm feeling pretty defeated. Please help.

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
Do you hear any BIOS Buzz beeping noise when you Power on your PC?
Can you list us all your PC specs :benetton:
asus h170 pro
4 sticks of 8 GB Anarchy Ram
MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8 GB OC

I can't determine what the CPU is.

I don't get any bios beeps. There is no case speaker.

I really have no idea what to do. Or how to determine if it might be the motherboard or the CPU that went bad.

Last edited:

Furzumz

Reputable
You're plugging your display into the video card port and not the motherboard port right?

Also look for a 'source' button on your monitor, might have to have it check for different display types for it to come up. I remember I wasn't getting anything on my monitor until I hit the 'source' button and then it came up. Although it may be labeled as something different on your monitor

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
You're plugging your display into the video card port and not the motherboard port right?

Also look for a 'source' button on your monitor, might have to have it check for different display types for it to come up. I remember I wasn't getting anything on my monitor until I hit the 'source' button and then it came up. Although it may be labeled as something different on your monitor
Yes, I was plugging it into the video card port. Yes I made sure I was on the right source. Then I unplugged the gpu and plugged it into the motherboard hdmi port directly and still nothing.

Furzumz

Reputable
Yes, I was plugging it into the video card port. Yes I made sure I was on the right source. Then I unplugged the gpu and plugged it into the motherboard hdmi port directly and still nothing.

Try unplugging and removing the video card then plug your monitor into the motherboard to see if it displays anything.

If it comes up that may help narrow things down

But if you have a Ryzen processor nothing will come up as ryzen doesn't use any form of integrated graphics if I recall correctly

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
The motherboard has LEDs which can help you debug. This FAQ may help with using the LEDs -- https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042678
Also get the user's manual if you haven't and read it.
I'm sorry the model of Motherboard I had put up in the original post was wrong. It is actually the Asus H170 Pro, not the gaming variant. The model I have only has a single LED for power standby. How else could I determine if it is the motherboard or the CPU?

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
Try unplugging and removing the video card then plug your monitor into the motherboard to see if it displays anything.

If it comes up that may help narrow things down

But if you have a Ryzen processor nothing will come up as ryzen doesn't use any form of integrated graphics if I recall correctly
I have an intel processor, I already tried that and nothing comes up.

AlBeta05

Reputable
Nov 30, 2016
I have merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic, it is against the rules of this board.
Okay I appreciate it. Would you say the motherboard is the problem? It doesn't give any picture through DVI or VGA or HDMI? It doesn't beep. It doesn't light up any LEDs other than the power standby.

Bassplate

Reputable
Do you have an other Power Supply Unit to test and see if it couldn't be the current Power supply issue....maybe borrow a friends Power Supply and see if it Works.
My other Suggestion is=you say you have 4x 8GB RAM sticks...remove all RAM sticks out of your RAM slots and Insert only One RAM stick in a RAM slot.
Check and see if your System will boot only with one RAM stick...If it still doesn't boot or power up remove the current one RAM stick and insert an other stick and do the same process.
If all that hasn't worked remove all RAM sticks and power on your computer with NO RAM!If you hear Continuously beeping noises it means Your Motherboard is still functional and there might be broken RAM sticks Or Broken RAM slots.The beeping noises are codes so it is really Important to listen to them.
Remember to keep your Graphics Card disconnected while you are trying to boot...Connect your Screen the the motherboard and see if you can go into BIOS.
Try this and I hope it helps

Solution