Honorable
Jun 7, 2016
System:
core i5-4590
Asus B85 PRO GAMER
8GB RAM
CORSAIR TX650 PSU
ASUS GTX 950

This pc is pretty old. I've had this for 5 years now. I consistently used this everyday, I rarely miss as I use it for gaming and school works.
But 2 weeks ago I was quarantined for more than a week at a local hospital. When I got back home, my computer start acting like this, it doesn't beep, post, nor display. I've tried reseating ram, taking out the mobo from case, resetting cmos, used jumper, used different ram sticks, PSU. I even removed and placed back in the bios chip, none helped to fix it. Idk what to do next. I ordered a usb reprogrammer to try and rewrite bios but it won't arrive til March. I was hoping to get enlightened on what else I could do or maybe some of my pc parts are broken already.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the fans are all spinning, once turned on, everything lights then the cpu led lits for like 3 seconds then the whole system restarts then that's when it gets stucked in cpu led light and system stays on and doesn't go off unless I do force so.

Thank you

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
And I will ask about the PSU's.

Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Is the listed Corsair TX650 the "different PSU' or the "old/original" PSU?

Check the switches.

Also remember to check any interim power connections: The power cord, any extension cords, surge protectors, power strips. Ensure that the source outlet works.

Any chance that someone else used your computer and space while you were quarantined?

RicAlastra07

Honorable
Jun 7, 2016

Check the switches.

Also remember to check any interim power connections: The power cord, any extension cords, surge protectors, power strips. Ensure that the source outlet works.

Any chance that someone else used your computer and space while you were quarantined?
It is the original psu sir (CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX) I tried different generic psu too, unrated ones.

When I was quarantined my sister used it to print some papers for school, then she said it suddenly won't turn on.

Last edited:

RicAlastra07

Honorable
Jun 7, 2016

Check the switches.

I'm troubleshooting this while the system unit is plugged directly to an outlet. But yeah, I used a power strip before to run behind my table.