Question No Beep/No Signal/No keyboard or mouse

Jul 22, 2020
Hi! Today I just wanted to change the route of the 8-pin cables at the back of the case so it would look nicer and arranged (a little cable management). To do that, i had to disconnect everything from the PC. Then, I realised that I had to reinstall the graphics card into the slot because I thought it was not tight enough.
After all that, i installed everything back and started up the PC, but the monitor was showing No Signal and the keyboard + mouse were not opening (or responding).
I had this problem many times ago, but this time is different. Now if I try to shut down using the power button, it won't work. If i try to post without the HDD, nothing, not even any beep from the motherboard speaker, same without the RAM on the motherboard, not a single beep.

I tried:
-posting without HDD
-posting without RAM
-resetting the BIOS (removing the CMOS battery + using the jumper from the motherboard)
-unplugging all cables from the PSU (molex, 4-pin cable, 24-pin cable, 8-pin cable)
-using the integrated GPU
-draining the power out of it by holding the power button for 15-20 seconds

COMPONENTS:

Ryzen 3 2200G
RX 570 ROG Strix
Prime A320M-E
12 GB RAM 2666 MHz
1TB Seagate Barracuda
450W PSU

Thanks anticipated.

Last edited:
No idea exactly. It says that's a custom ATX-450 from Fierce PC.

I'd guess that is a big issue, high quality power supply is the first thing a computer needs and is usually the main thing most people buy cheap and low quality, especially OEM makers. The thing with a poor power supply is that it can not just stop working, it can damage everything in the computer it's attached to, which is everything.

I suggest you try to find a good known quality PSU, which these days can be hard due to the virus affecting production and demand for parts, power supplies are often out of stock, and have gone up in price. I bought one for about $80 that is today selling for $120.

Look for the Corsair CX models (with the white label not green), those are often available and decently priced. Used market is also good to look at but then you are a bit risking the honesty of the seller that it's good. I purchased two used PSUs myself, one is running after many years, another is also good, but I can't say that all of them used will be good.

Reactions: GeckoPirate
Jul 22, 2020
I'd guess that is a big issue, high quality power supply is the first thing a computer needs and is usually the main thing most people buy cheap and low quality, especially OEM makers. The thing with a poor power supply is that it can not just stop working, it can damage everything in the computer it's attached to, which is everything.

I suggest you try to find a good known quality PSU, which these days can be hard due to the virus affecting production and demand for parts, power supplies are often out of stock, and have gone up in price. I bought one for about $80 that is today selling for $120.

Look for the Corsair CX models (with the white label not green), those are often available and decently priced. Used market is also good to look at but then you are a bit risking the honesty of the seller that it's good. I purchased two used PSUs myself, one is running after many years, another is also good, but I can't say that all of them used will be good.
Thanks for the advices. I just went to a PC Service and it turns out it is the BIOS faulty so I think I'll need another motherboard.