No beep No video but it powers on

Sep 7, 2018
My self made rig is built from:
-asus PRIME A320M-k
-gskill ddr4 ram
-Be quiet pure power 10 L10-400W
-AMD Ryzen 5 2400g integrated radeon vega graphics
-Sharkoon VG4-4 ATX pc case

I used it for a few weeks when suddenly it didnt start anymore. I had to short the power sw pins to get it on. When its on there is no video and no post beep. Help please!

Solution
You could try resetting the BIOS settings (as noted on #2 above) if you haven't already, although, I doubt it'd make any difference.
Other than that, you'll have to replace the motherboard, either for free (if it's still under warranty) or by buying a brand new one otherwise.

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
Few things you could try:

1. If you have multiple RAM sticks - Try using only a single one (disconnect the others), if it still doesn't make a difference, then try a different stick.

2. Try clearing the BIOS settings, as explained on page 11 of the mobo's manual:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_A320M-K/E12854_PRIME_A320M-K_UM_V2_WEB_20170526.pdf

3. Try removing all RAM sticks and see if it causes a series of beeps (a healthy motherboard should always beep when there are no RAM sticks present!)
This is not a 100% accurate method of determining if the motherboard is faulty, but in most cases, if it beeps, it's probably fine.

4. If the beeping test passes, then it's likely a bad power supply.

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018

You can refer to your motherboard's manual if you wanna make sure it's connected properly, that said, if it was beeping before (and you haven't touched it) then I'd say everything is good in that department.

Sep 7, 2018

Ok so its the psu?

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
You could try resetting the BIOS settings (as noted on #2 above) if you haven't already, although, I doubt it'd make any difference.
Other than that, you'll have to replace the motherboard, either for free (if it's still under warranty) or by buying a brand new one otherwise.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS