No Beeps, CPU and DRAM leds flashing, No ports functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeraltOfNvidia

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
Hi guys.
I am in desperate need of help as I am a first time pc builder. So i began building my system with the following parts;
Z170A Krait Gaming 3X (msi)
Geforce GTX 1070 windforce
Crucial MX300 275gb SSD
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 2666Mhz
Intel Core i5 6600k
Cooler Master Hyper 212X
EVGA 750W G2
NZXT s340 case

I made sure all cables were plugged in fully and upon bootup everything seemed fully functional (case fans spinning, CPU heatsink fan spinning, GPU lights glowing), however no beeps were played from the mobo. In addition, two debug led indicators, being the CPU and DRAM one, flash in a rapid alternating pattern. Also, i believe not a single port is functioning (mobo, case, and gpu included) as when i plug in my mouse and keyboard to the io shield usb ports, they show no sign of receiving power. This also happens when i plug the dp cable from my monitor into the gtx 1070. The monitor receives power from the power outlet but no signal from the gpu. I have seen other threads regarding this issue stating the magical cure for all this is to stick the RAM in dimm slots 3 and 4 or 1 and 2, however this has not worked in my case. Interestingly though, when i remove all the RAM and bootup the pc, the leds cease to alternate rapidly and the DRAM led glows for a considerably longer duration. I really need help on this as i have spent a considerable amount on this pc and have not a clue how to fix the issue.

Reset the board back to bios factory defaults.

Then you start at the bear basics.

First read the specifications of the motherboard.
To do with memory, what speed the board will work with.
And what type of memory you have by looking at the label or sticker on the memory stick kit.

The manual for the motherboard and actually read it page for page.
Checking for where and what memory slots should be populated for a single stick of memory or matched two kit of memory.

Fit only one memory stick first into the stated memory slot of the motherboard the manual dictates.

Dimm 0 or Dimm 1. in most cases.

Connect the Video monitor lead to one of the video output ports provided on the motherboard.
Making sure the GTX 1070 card is removed from the motherboard.

Test to see if the system powers up and you can get to the bios menu options.

Post back on if the setup worked.

Or if not, what red Led lights were lit on the motherboard on the powering of the system GeraltOfNvidia.

Tjarty_

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017

Any results so far? I have the same motherboard and same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.