[SOLVED] No beeps, no display, fans spins, pc turns on

Feb 22, 2019
So, first time pc builder here. Specs are
Ryzen 3 2200g
AsRock b450 pro4
Gskill 8gbx1
evga 450w psu
seagate 2tb hdd

So, for starters. It stays running for about 20 seconds or so, then shuts off and restarts itself again. All fans spins, all 3 case fans, cpu fan, psu fan spins. So don't think it's the motherboard. I breadboarded it. And had the speaker header in and still did not hear any beeps. I removed the ram, had the speaker header in and still did not hear any beeps. I've also reseated the cpu twice. I'm using the preapplied thermal paste on the cpu though. Not sure if possibly it's overheating or not. I can apply some if that might be the case. And on top of that. Also don't have any display on my monitor as well. I even attempted all the things in the big thread for even thinking about posting about these symptoms. Anything helps really. I'm not sure if I'm just completely stupid on settings this up or what.

Solution
Having the same issue with my specs

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus Prime x470 Pro
Ballistix Sport 8GB 3000mhz
Kingston 240GB SSD
Corsair CX 550w

I've literally done everything i could possibly do. (Replaced mobo, ram, cpu) My final step is replacing the PSU and my mobo gives me one short beep which indicates all is good to go.

Have you tried looking into your manual to figure out if your mobo prefers a specific DIMM slot when using a single stick of RAM? i know my will only work in B2.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Are you sure the ram is correctly seated when you insert it? Not correctly seated ram can lead to exactly what you describe, without audible alerts.

What ram stick exactly are you using. And what bank do you insert in? Also, I wonder why you use 1x8 on a mobo that supports dual channel.

What GPU is in there?

Last edited:

Zlurz

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus Prime x470 Pro
Kingston 240GB SSD
Corsair CX 550w

I've literally done everything i could possibly do. (Replaced mobo, ram, cpu) My final step is replacing the PSU and my mobo gives me one short beep which indicates all is good to go.

Have you tried looking into your manual to figure out if your mobo prefers a specific DIMM slot when using a single stick of RAM? i know my will only work in B2.

Solution
Feb 22, 2019
Are you sure the ram is correctly seated when you insert it? Not correctly seated ram can lead to exactly what you describe, without audible alerts.

What ram stick exactly are you using. And what bank do you insert in? Also, I wonder why you use 1x8 on a mobo that supports dual channel.

What GPU is in there?
G.Skill Aegis 8gb ddr4 3000 (pc 24000)
Model F4-3000C16S-8GISB

I checked the motherboard manual. and it told me to seat it in slot 2 or 4 in the motherboard tried both those slots.And attempted to start the pc in both of those slots. And I'm just slowly working on building pc right now. Plan to still add upgrades the ram and add a gpu. So currently just the igpu in the processor and 1x8gb of ram.

Feb 22, 2019

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus Prime x470 Pro
Kingston 240GB SSD
Corsair CX 550w

Yeah I checked manual. Only says A2, and B2 would work for single stick of ram

Feb 22, 2019
I think I found the issue. I'm pretty sure my RAM isn't supported by my motherboard.. Was my mistake didn't check the motherboards supported ram before buying the components.

Feb 22, 2019
I basically am having a similar problem to this, and I'm not sure if I should make my own thread, but is there anything I can do outside of exchanging the ram for something on the QVL? Would updating the bios help at all (as in, grabbing a single stick of compatable ram, updating the bios, and then popping in the new ram)?