Question No BIOS after NVME SSD install

Jun 26, 2019
Just popped in a new nvme ssd and was able to clone my boot drive over to it with macrium. Now I can't get into the bios. I'm able to get into windows just fine. Already reset cmos and pulled the nvme to verify it's the culprit. I can access the drive when in the OS but no luck hitting BIOS to change the boot order. When I hit uefi setting I can change the boot order for that instance and the computer freaks out and emits three long low tones and three sharp short tones. Help! Please!

Jun 26, 2019
I should also mention this is a HP Pavilion 590-p0086 with a lincs board and an i7-8700. Onboard graphics and 32GB of Corsair mem. Pulled the 16GB optane memory to install the SSD.

Jun 26, 2019
Update: I cleared all the partitions off the SSD using diskpart. I then re-cloned just the primary windows partition and ignored the recovery partition. I can now get into the BIOS bit now the SSD isn't showing as a boot option. I can see the drive under storage options but not in boot order.

Jun 26, 2019
In case anyone as this issue in the future.
I updated the BIOS to F.22 and then re-cloned the primary boot drive to the SSD. I think the initial issue was a bad clone. At first I was getting the dreaded unmountable boot drive error. Re-cloned a third time and it worked. Boots so fast now.