[SOLVED] No BIOS, no POST, but Power and Fans are on

Dec 5, 2019
Hello.
I put together some parts i bought. I build the system and put everything correct afaik.

When i turn on my system, there comes lights in the mobo, fans and so on, but not on the screen or keyboard. The mobo lights "red" led and then turns off and on again, now the mobo LED is orange. I honestly don't know what to do. As far as i know the mobo does not need to be flashed with my compination of hardware.

the CPU is placed correct and the cooler to it.
GPU is placed correct
RAM is placed correct
Everything is running, thus it is not posting nor showing BIOS

MOBO - ASUS Z390-F
ASUS STRIX OC 2070
i5-9600kf
2x 8gb corsair vengeance 3200mhz
750watt cooler master PSU
Old HAF case

Can i provide further information in order to help?
Thank you.

Solution
It was a weird combination of how the RAM was put in. I had tried this earlier about a thousand times though.

Another thing to note was that I didn't get to install WIN10 on my pc after many hours later. This was due to a "slip stream"? Software BIOS error, which means the software of the BIOS was not updated to handle my new hardware, which caused the process of installing WIN10 from USB to get cancelled every time(freezing at random times during the setup (BSOD, etc)). This was SOLVED by downloading the BIOS update for the MB and placing it on a USB drive, thus inserting it and updating directly in the BIOS via the EZ functions.
Dec 5, 2019
It was a weird combination of how the RAM was put in. I had tried this earlier about a thousand times though.

Another thing to note was that I didn't get to install WIN10 on my pc after many hours later. This was due to a "slip stream"? Software BIOS error, which means the software of the BIOS was not updated to handle my new hardware, which caused the process of installing WIN10 from USB to get cancelled every time(freezing at random times during the setup (BSOD, etc)). This was SOLVED by downloading the BIOS update for the MB and placing it on a USB drive, thus inserting it and updating directly in the BIOS via the EZ functions.

Solution

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019

Well yea, using a FAT32 USB is the only way to update the BIOS. Still glad you got it working