No bios screen upon booting

terrabugs

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hi all, hope that you guys can help me.

Everytime I boot up my computer, it will skip the startup page whereby you can press a [key] to access to bios or safe mode and it'll go straight to the windows boot-up screen. 
So now  the problem comes as I need to access to the safe mode, because accidentally deleted most of my drivers and I want to recover them using safe mode but I can't boot to safe mode.

Oh one more thing, everytime I boot up the computer I will need do this weird procedure whereby i'll need to plug out the keyboard and mouse or else it won't boot up to the windows screen. does anyone know why is this happening?

So guys how can I fix the bios and get the computer running smoothly?

I'm desperate for help, any advise is much appreciated!

To boot into SAFE mode: As the system powers-on, repeatedly press the F8 key, that will boot windows into the SAFE mode.

To open the BIOS: You didn't identify your motherboard make and model so you might have to try 3 different keys to open the BIOS. At power-on, press either the Del key, or the F10 key, or the F2 key. One should open the BIOS, where you can check your settings for the keyboard and mouse. If they are USB, make sure you have selected all the USB modes available. They aren't likely to be PS2 because you are unplugging them and replugging them within the operating system - PS2 keybooards and mice will not work in that fashion - you have to reboot the system. However, if they are PS2, make sure PS2 is enabled. Save any changes you made and Exit the BIOS. The system will reboot, POST, and boot to the operating system.

terrabugs

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
To boot into SAFE mode: As the system powers-on, repeatedly press the F8 key, that will boot windows into the SAFE mode.

To open the BIOS: You didn't identify your motherboard make and model so you might have to try 3 different keys to open the BIOS. At power-on, press either the Del key, or the F10 key, or the F2 key. One should open the BIOS, where you can check your settings for the keyboard and mouse. If they are USB, make sure you have selected all the USB modes available. They aren't likely to be PS2 because you are unplugging them and replugging them within the operating system - PS2 keybooards and mice will not work in that fashion - you have to reboot the system. However, if they are PS2, make sure PS2 is enabled. Save any changes you made and Exit the BIOS. The system will reboot, POST, and boot to the operating system.

Hi treefrog07,

thanks for replying. the problem is that I can't see the post screen. when I boot, the monitor stays black and for awhile it goes straight to the windows startup screen.

terrabugs

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Yes, I have tried hitting the keys once I boot. but nothing came up. I did the CMOS jumper thingy as well as the removing of battery. but it didn't work as well.

terrabugs

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Okay, I have just tried updating but still i can't get to the BIOS screen. Any solutions?

ivanmel97

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
try using your on-board video ( if ur mobo has..of course! ) if ur currently using video card......
this also happened to me long ago...to be able to use my video card, i had to disable the "signon message" from the video card's bios....