No BIOS splash screen when booting up, longer booting and shutting down times, and a very noticeable drop in performance.

ihavenomiddlename

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I have a Gigabyte Z87-HD Motherboard and an Nvidia GTX 770 graphics card. For the last 4 months it has been working fine. However, when I unpacked my rig after having transported it to university, the aforementioned problem occurs. This includes an incredibly low frame rate for games that have previously worked fine

It also will occasionally turn on, but with a black screen and a "no signal detected" warning on the monitor. I have replugged the graphics card and both my HDD and SDD.

Any help would be much appreciated

ihavenomiddlename

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014

ah right. How do I do that? Sorry if that's a real basic thing to be asking. Is there anything that could be wrong with the PSU that I'd be able to fix manually?

iamlegend

Admirable
Yes, but you will be needing tools. Does your BIOS have a board explorer just like MSI's Z series? Here you can see the voltages of your system.
Also if you have a voltmeter which I suspect that you don't have. Another thing is you can try your PSU in different computer and see if the same thing occurs.

ihavenomiddlename

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014

A large issue is that I can't access my BIOS, even if I keep pressing the BIOS button as the pc boots up